Ch 18: Back 2 Earth

Date: December, 2023

Outside the GATE Liberty-Prime Base

Maverick's Pov

I finished the briefings with the brass and my next report to Baker regarding both the Battle of Italica and my brief POW experience from the previous day. I made sure to to clarify that the Knights that captured Itami and I hadn't been informed about the treaty.

I also left out me beatin' the shit out of Itami in my report. And I'm 100% sure Itami did the same.

If he didn't. He better sleep with one eye open.

We're heading back to Tokyo and give our testimony at the Diet and a few US Congress members. From what the brass told us we are to testify regarding the dragon attack. Apparently it's caused a bit of a media storm; Tuka, Rory, and Lelei are also coming with us to give testimony. I walk up to the Gate and see Itami, Tomita, Kurokawa, Takahashi and Shino are all waiting in their Dress Greens and I arrive wearing my Service Alphas.

 I walk up to the Gate and see Itami, Tomita, Kurokawa, Takahashi and Shino are all waiting in their Dress Greens and I arrive wearing my Service Alphas

A/N: Ignore the General rank and imagine the Captain Rank.

I also saw Towson and Fernandes in their Service As as well.

Shino: Oh!*blushes* You look handsome in that uniform Cpl. Fernandes.

Kurokawa:*blushes* I could say the same for you Captain.

Fernandes:*smirks* Thank you, Kuribayashi.

Me: Um...Thank you, Kurokawa. You also look fabulous in your Dress Greens.

I saw Towson and Tomtia raise a eyebrow at me, Shino smug look and Kurokawa blush increasing. Oh lord, someone change the subject before I say something embarrassing like I did at my Homecoming Dance in High School! Fuck you again, Becky!

Takahashi: You clean up nice sir.

My savior! The Tiny Psycho!

Me: Yeah, amazing what a hot shower and a shave will do for ya.