Ch 13: Bandit Attack pt4

Date: December, 2023

Italica East Gate

Time: Dawn

Maverick's Pov

We're nearing the East Gate. I just hope that Rafaki and his team were able to hold the hostiles off long enough for both us and the Air Cav to make it here on time. Shion is mentally preparing herself, and double check the SCAR-L GL.

Itami: Kuribayashi.

Shion: Uh... Yes, sir!

Itami: Go ahead and take off your NVG.

Shion: Why, Lieutenant? 

Me: Because it's daybreak, sis.

Tomita: And because you tend to break things.

Shion gets pissed at that remark while I laugh.

Shion: I'll break your face!*to Me* And you! Stop laughing!

Me: Save that anger for the enemy Shion! Itami light the flar-!

I stop mid sentence as I see Fernandes literality snap a guy's neck, shoot him with the AA-12, then full-autos on 15 people while I see some of Rafaki men falling back a bit.

Everyone:........

Shion:.............That was kinda hot

Nani?

Thomas: Wut?

Itami, Tomita & Kurokawa: Nani?

Shion: Nothing.

Ignoring that. Itami leans out the window and lights the flare. And I swear I could hear music and it almost sounds like "Ride of the Valkyries." Then I hear explosions coming from the other side of the wall. And a-HOLY SHIT IS THAT A A-10?!?!?!

Cole's A-10: BBBBRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

GODDAMN SON!!!!!! Is weird to have a hard on hearing that.

Itami, Tomita, Shion & Kurokawa: YOU GUYS BROUGHT A-10!?!?!?

Me: Hey. It's not a war crime the first time. A little 30mm going at Mach Jesus wouldn't hurt a little.

I then could clearly hear comms from the helicopter pilots. Meaning whoever was jamming our shit was taken down.

Huey pilot:*radio* All units this is Oscar-1. We've got friendlies inside the city gate. Engage outside the walls only.

Thomas: Fuck yah! Air Cav's here!

Thomas: Fuck yah! Air Cav's  here!