Ch 25: Dangers

December, 2023

Maverick's Pov

Sankai Resort, Hakone, Japan

After getting out of the bath we put on Jinbeis(what a male version of a yukata is called), Itami's on the ground rolling around like a little kid.

Itami: Waaughh! I wanna stay here till the end of the year or after it! I wanna forget about work and get all wrinkly in the bath!

Tomita: And we all know you can't.

Towson: Got that right, T.

Itami: Ugh, you guys are no fun.*continues rolling around* I'll just have to enjoy this moment while it lasts!

Fernandes: He's got a point, you know. We should savor the relaxation before we get back to business.

Me: Yeah, you're right. Let's make the most of it.

We all take a moment to appreciate the peaceful atmosphere at the resort, knowing that our responsibilities and challenges will return soon enough. But for now, we're enjoying this brief escape from the chaos of our missions.

Suddenly there's a knock on the door. Itami nods at us as Towson went to a duffel bag and threw each of us a Glock 19.

We get into fighting positions when to door suddenly burst open to reveal Rory, Shino, and Kurokawa kind of staggering.

Me:*lowering his Glock* Are they-

Shino:*drunk* Okay, boys! You better get your asses in formation pronto!!

Rory:*drunk* Asses NOW!!

Itami & Tomita: Huh?!

Kurokawa:*drunk* You heard us!!

Me: Seriously! Is it Thursday!?

David & Anthony: Context.

Short Timeskip

Women's Room

David's Pov

After we were dragged into the ladies room and we're drinking, eating, telling jokes, exchanging stories. I decide to bring out one of the gifts given to me by Mattis.

Me: I want to give you all something.

Ant: Is it legal?

Me: Yes.

I pull out a 750ml bottle of Jameson on the table.

Maverick: Holy shit on a Irishman! Where'd you get this!?

Me: This is from the greatest Marine since Chesty Puller, Daniel Daly, John Basilone, and Tony Stein. And he sends his regards as well....I want to thank all of you.