Chapter 24

"Taehyung, can you not go to your office today? Can we stay home, please?" Jisoo asked in a quiet voice.

Taehyung looked at her worriedly. He was frustrated at himself for not being able to understand his wife's situation. But what could he do? She refused to tell him the truth despite him asking her many times.

"Okay, I'll call Jimin and tell him I'm not coming in today." He replied.

Jisoo gave him a small smile, she was so relieved he decided to stay home. Also, she was so glad to have a supportive and loving husband like him who didn't even think twice before agreeing.

Jisoo was too scared to tell him about what Jungmin did with her. How would he react? What would he think about her? What if her Taehyung would leave her the same way Jungmin did? She didn't want to lose him, but she knew lying to him wasn't going to make the situation better.

Right now, Taehyung and Jisoo were cuddling in bed. She had her head on his chest and was hugging him tightly as if he would disappear if she didn't. He was embracing her back gently while leaving kisses on her head.

"Love, we need to get up now. It's late." He said to her.

"Uhm, no, stay a bit longer." She mumbled in his chest, making him chuckle.

"What time is it, Tae?"

"It's 12 pm." He replied shortly while caressing her hair.

"WHAT? Already?" She immediately looked at the wall clock with widened eyes. She didn't realise it was this late. Taehyung didn't even have his breakfast yet because of her.

"I'm sorry, Tae, you didn't eat anything. I had no idea what time it was." she said guiltily.

"It's fine, love. I want to make you breakfast today." He sweetly smiled at her, making her melt.

___________________________________

Jimin was working in his cabin he was checking some important files, but he realised one of the files was missing. He searched his room twice and groaned when he couldn't find the file. Soon, he remembered that he had given Taehyung the file. He knew Taehyung took a day off from work, but the file was very important, so he phoned him.

On call

"Hello, Taehyung. I'm checking some files, and I need the blue file I gave to you. Where did you keep it?" Jimin asked.

"Oh, that file is not in the office. I took it home with me." Taehyung replied.

"Can you come for a few minutes to give me the file? It's very important." Jimin tried to convince him.

"Um, but..." he thought for a while before replying.

"Okay, I'll come." He said and hung up.

"Taehyung, who called?" Jisoo asked after she came out of the bathroom and stood in front of him.

"It was Jimin. I need to go to the office to give him an important file. I'll be back soon, love." He retorted.

"B-but don't take too long." She said she didn't know why the thought of him going made her so anxious.

"Don't worry, love. I promise I'll come back soon." He said and pecked her heart-shaped lips. She slightly smiled at him before he left.