Work

Tee POV

It's been about 3 weeks since I been back home and I haven't seen Brick because I been coming up with all types of lies because I knew my mom wouldn't like the age gap and I knew damn well no grown man was about to lie about their age. Finishing off my next client I stood around and looked at my accomplishments, after school I decided to get into nails and I been booked ever since and the money was flowing like water I loved it to the point I didn't know if I wanted to finish the degree that I was in. Cleaning up my area my phone started ringing, excited about the name showing up on the screen I answered it with no hesitation.

Me: Hey Brick !
Brick: Hey baby, what you doing ?
Me: Cleaning up after my last client, what you doing ?
Brick: On my way to Charlotte.

My heart dropped and I got silent

Me: Ummmm why you going to Charlotte?
Brick: Me, Sin, and Tay got business to handle down that way and I don't want to be doing all that driving back and forward so I'm renting a AirBnb until the end of summer.
Me: So that means we get to see each other more.
Brick: Yeah I want to take you out tonight so be ready by 8
Me: Alright bye.

Getting off the phone I had to think fast, well my mom knew I wasn't talking to Tj no more so I couldn't use him so Asia would just have to do. Coming into the house from the backyard I went straight to my mom room. Ma I'm going out to eat with Asia tonight, My mom replied with "alright that means be back by twelve" looking sad my mom hit me again with "my house, my rules". Walking out and not saying anything I looked for something cute to wear because lord knows I was excited.