Appointment

Tee POV

Sitting in this room by myself with two chairs in front of me had me feeling like I was in a intervention, next thing you know I heard a knock at the door and two women came walking in the door.

Women 1: So indeed you are pregnant.

My heart drop and I started thinking about how I was disappointing my mom and dad even more.

Women 2: Is everything ok? Was you force into this pregnancy?

Me: No ma'am I'm just thinking.

Women 1: Well we would like to give you an ultrasound of your baby, since we are not a regular doctors office we can't provide you with medication but we can start you in our free program which includes parenting classes, mini workshops, and baby bucks to shop in our gift shop downstairs.

Me: That will be fine, thank you.

Proceeding to the other room where it was so dark, I only saw these rooms on TV I never thought I would be visiting one so soon. Laying down on the bed the women put that cold jelly on my stomach and begin to move the probe around.

Women 1: That's your baby right there and it looks like your measuring at 8 weeks.

Me: Damn I didn't feel anything no symptoms or nothing.

Women 1: That's normal, some women never feel anything. Let's hear your little one heart beat.

I heard a loud thumping noise and jump

Women 1: Your baby has a really strong heart beat that's so good. Would you like pictures?

Me: Yes

Women 1: Give me a couple minutes to bring back your paper work and pictures, congratulations!

Me: Thank you

After leaving my appointment I sat in the car and look at the pictures, I couldn't believe I was having a little me, well a little Brick because I'm hoping that it's a boy. Driving down the road I noticed I was near my moms house, not thinking twice I turned in the yard which my mom car was home, not knowing if this would go well I parked and went to knock on the door.

Mom: Tee what you doing here?

Not saying anything I hugged my mom while crying on her shoulder, no matter how mad my mom was her mother insist always kicked in.

Mom: Tee what's wrong ?

Still not saying anything I pulled the pictures out my purse and gave them to her.

Mom: Tee are you serious?

Thinking she was about to do some serious damage to my feelings she pulled me into a hug and started crying too, pulling away shocked I had to ask her what was wrong.

Mom: Baby you can stop crying, I been waiting for a grandchild I just never said anything because I wanted you to finish school and your career.

Me: Mom stop lying and go ahead and curse me out.

Mom: Tee I'm for real, I see your doing well. Yes I was upset that night but did you think I was completely done? Girl I done put too much work in on you to give up on you. I see your still in school, that boy well MAN is taking care of you, and I see all your clients are still happy. I was upset but never disappointed in you.

Not believing her words I cried and cried some more until I finally calmed down.

Mom: Do he know?

Me: No, but he made me take a test but I showed him the negative one.

Mom: You are your mothers child she laughed. That's the same move I pulled on your dad.

Me: But I'm going to tell him, I just wanted you to be the first.

Smiling she gave me a hug

Mom: Well tomorrow we going shopping for the baby.

Me: Mom I'm only eight weeks.

Mom: Girl I don't care it's time to spend some money and not on you.

Laughing I agreed and walked to the living room to lay down.

Mom: Girl you better get out my house and go tell that man what y'all done made.

Laughing and walking out I got to my car and heard my mom yelling.

Mom: Be ready at 11!

Me: Ok!

Getting in the car I finally felt good and relaxed. It took 3 months and a baby to rekindle my relationship with my mom, I couldn't do nothing but laughed because I was beyond shocked.