Carter: 1 Cody:0

*Cody POV*

As I was walking back to the Training Center to break the news to Jon, I thought about that girl, Carter. She was an interesting case. Very peculiar how she doesn't seem fazed by my good looks. I'm not that conceited about myself, but I knew that I look like a Greek God. 

I ran a hand through my hair. I hope she made the right decision. When I left, she looked deep in thought. So my words must've really gotten to her head. I went to Artie's office. 

Artie, was 18 years old, like I was, but he was in the hacker wing, while I was in the Field Ops. 

"Artie, what's up, man?" I asked, doing our little handshake.

"Not much. I haven't got an order all day.." He whined. 

"Well, now you have one. I want a surveillance on room 308 in the women's dorm." I said.

He grinned at me, while waggling his eyebrows, "Peeping on girls now, Cody? Tsk, tsk. What will Jon say when he finds out you've been peeping?"

I rolled my eyes, and punched his shoulder. "Just do it." 

"Fine. You know, a please would be nice every once in a while." He said, while typing like a maniac.

"There's the room. Who's the girl?" He asked.

I looked at the screen, and there was Carter's room, but I didn't see her, or her things. I guess she left.

"Gone. I'll see you later, Artie." I said, and headed back to tell Jonathan the news.

*Carter POV*

I don't think I've ever did so much thinking in my life. It hurt my head, and I don't want to do that again. Cody's words were still drilled into my brain. He was right. There are so much more other people on Earth who went longer than I have without water or food.

I guess I'm just being selfish. My feet felt weak, but at least I made it. Jonathan passed me a water bottle. "Thanks." I smiled, sheepishly. 

"Anytime. But if you leave to go pee without any consent, I'll make you run an extra lap." He said, his eyes filled with amusement.

"Like I said before, I'm sorry about that. I'm still new here, so don't scold." I said.

"Hey Jon, I've got to tell you something about Carter." I heard Cody say.

"What about Carter? She used too much sarcasm on you, and your brain needs fixage?" He joked.

"I'm not that sarcastic!" I frowned. 

Cody looked at me, with big eyes, like as if i was a ghost.

"What? She's here? I thought she left!" He claimed. 

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm right here." I said.

"What do you mean, you thought she left?" Jonathan asked.

"She was planning on leaving earlier!!" Cody cried.

"No I wasn't." I lied.

"Yes. You were. I saw you pack your bags! I even saw your room empty!" He exclaimed.

"Weird, I thought I locked the door. How did you get in?" I asked.

"I didn't! I got into the surveillance system and saw your room empty!!" He said.

Snap. Crackle. Pop.

Jonathan crossed his arms. "You got into the surveillance system? You know that's against the rules here, Cody."