Down the Toilet

I really thought my life was going to be perfectly- okay, not perfectly, but as normal as it can get. At least for a couple of years. But will I ever get a break? According to Jon and Chloe, no. The week went on as normal as possible, excluding the fact that Cody kept on sending me flowers and a new baseball bat, until Friday came along. 

I was just sitting on the couch watching the old cartoons as usual, when someone knocked at the door. Weird, I didn't buzz anyone in. Putting my bowl down, I grabbed my baseball bat near the door (it was the only thing that I kept from all the cheesy things that Cody sent me) and opened it slowly.

"Well that's one way to greet your aunt, Carter." Aunt Chloe smirked. 

I put my baseball bat down and gave her a skeptical look. "How'd you find me?" 

"You seriously thought that I'd let you live hidden from me? What if something bad happened to you?" She raised an eyebrow.

I frowned at her. "But you promised me." I opened the door wider and let her in.

"I was doing it for your safety." 

She looked around the small apartment and nodded. "Not bad. I thought you and Jeremy would've trashed the place by now." 

I chuckled. "Nah, he's such a neat freak, he wouldn't let me out of the kitchen until I washed the dishes." 

She turned around to look at me, and I  finally noticed what she was wearing. She was wearing her white leather jacket that she only wears when she's doing buisiness. "I thought you didn't want to be part of that anymore." 

"I didn't. Jonathan begged me to come back. He thought that if he could get me, he could get through to you and then eventually Cody will show his face again." She replied. 

I shook my head. Was Jon really stooping that low to get back one of his best agents? "Don't start assuming things just yet. I'll explain everything to you soon enough. Get dressed and meet me outiside in ten minutes if you want to know what's going on." 

Then she left my apartment.

Okay, what the hell was that? I mean, she just shows up at my apartment telling me that Jon asked for her back so he could regain me and Cody once more. Thing is, Cody said Jon wasn't looking for him. Really freaking weird, much?

I slipped on a pair of old jeans and a loose top, along with my favorite leather jacket. I ran outside the door after scribbling a quick note to Jeremy that I was going to be out for awhile. 

My aunt was leaning against the drivers side of her black Mustang. "You're on time. Get in." She opened the door and sat in the driver's seat.  I got in on the other side and ran a hand through my hair.

"So, what the hell is going on?" I asked.

She looked around the area before pressing a button that made the tinted windows even darker and drove off. "Well, since we've disappeared on the mission, so has Dominic. The Director, obviously furious that he lost two agents and a wanted man, sent off his oldest agents since he didn't want the younger recruits going after him." 

"What does this have to do with you and I coming back?" 

"The Director is angry at you, me and Cody for leaving the agency without notice. I suppose you know that we're not allowed to do that, right?" I nodded. 

"He went on rage at Jon for letting this happen." She started once more. I felt my jaw drop. "That's complete bull! He shouldn't bitch at Jon for not keeping us intact! It wasn't his fault. We're the ones who just up up and away'd on him! Jon didn't know what the hell was going on. He thought the two of us were dead. As for Cody, I-I don't know why he just left."