It's Too Late To Apologize

"Just promise me that you'll give him some time."... Jon's words rang in my head that morning.

I suddenly remembered what he had told me last night about Cody.

*Last Night*

"Carter!! I noticed you and Cody haven't killed each other yet!" He joked, slapping my shoulder.

"Uh..yeah. We haven't murdered eachother..it's a miracle, isn't it?" I asked, a little bit less enthusiastic.

"Something happened between you two. Was there a heavy make out session?" He asked suspiciously.

"Ew! No, I mean, Cody's hot and all, but he's such a jerk to me all the time, which turns me off." I lied. Okay, I half lied. He's hot, yes. He's a jerk, yes. He doesn't turn me on? Not. When his mouth is closed, he turns me on like a solar powered calculator on sunny day.

Jon's face softened, and he sighed. "Carter, there's something you should know about Cody..." I rolled my eyes.

"What? That he's an impolite jerk who hates everything?" I snorted.

He shook his head, "No, when he just 5 years old, his parents left him, and I found him stranded on the street, so I took him in. It took him a long time to trust everybody here, he only trusted me." Omigosh...that's so sad...

Because of his parents, he has problems trusting people.

"But that doesn't mean he has to be a jerk to me about it." I said.

"Cody's hard to work with, yes. But he just needs a little time getting used to someone who looks just like- Uh, never mind. Just promise me that you'll give him some time." Jon said.

"Fine, but if he acts like a jerk to me, I'll kick his ass." I said, and watched him as he chuckled, walking off into the unknown.

*This Morning*

I changed into black biker tights and a blue v-neck that belonged to Jeremy (which I stole from him) that just covered my butt (well duh, Jeremy's HUGE!!). I headed down to the training center, and saw Artie (A/N: everyone's favorite character!! ;P), who was waving at me.

I skipped over to him and waved back. "Hey Artie! What's up?" I asked.

"Well, Jon says he wants me to see how well you can do in fighting. Fists and those sexy legs of yours." He winked.

I rolled my eyes and punched his shoulder. "Oh shut up. My legs aren't that nice."

"Yes, they are. I mean," He lifted one of my legs, and I was about to fall, when held my arm. "look at these toned legs!! Not fat, but muscle!! You have the most nicest legs I've seen on a girl in my entire life. He exclaimed, patting my leg.

"Okay, Artie. Can you please let go of my leg, so I can show you my epic ninja fighting skills?" I asked.

Artie chuckled and dropped my leg. "Sure thing, let's go."

We arrived at the gym, almost an hour late because Artie got hungry, which made me hungry, so we went off to the cafeteria (surprisingly has amazing food!) and ate. But then he wanted some more bacon and I just sat there and watched him eat.

Let's just say when we got there, Cody was looking angry. "Where were you two? Actually, what were you two doing, is what I should be asking." He said, sounding just as angry as his face.

"Dude, chill, we just got a little hungry on the way here." Artie said.

"You're an hour late," He said pointedly towards me.

"Cody, calm down. We were just having breakfast. You know, morning food?" I said like I was explaining to a five year old, which reminded me of last night... I should go a little easier on him. Before I could though, he snorted and rolled his eyes.