Chapter 15: Afraid of the thunder

CHAPTERFIFTEENCHAPTERFIFTEENCHAPTERFIFTEENCHAPTERFIFTEENCHAPTERFIFTEENCHA

Alexei's (third) P.O.V.

 It has been raining since they woke up. At first, it was only a rain shower, light rains falling and wetting the pavements outside but then it led to a downpour by lunch time. At about three in the afternoon, the rain finally stopped and some students hoped that they could go to the beach for the last time before they went back home the next day. No news from the principal aside from what was said at lunch of "no one goes out and the activities for the day were cancelled".

 Unfortunately for them, after a half hour, thunderstorms racked the sky. Lightning pierced the celestial dome and thunder followed it, the rumbling sound resembling a lion's roar.

 Alexei stood up to stretch from his cramped position on one of the sofas of the hotel lobby. He didn't think that the rain will stop soon. Arianne and Julian, those love birds, haven't returned from their detour last night and while he wanted to check on Colleen who was dragged away from him by Louisse, he stopped himself. He doesn't know for sure if he can control himself from kissing her again especially last night at the auction.

 Memories of last night replayed in Alexei's head. The thing about Colleen is that she blushes really easily. And you can never miss it because of her pale complexion. She looked so freaking adorable with her red Victorian dress that fits her short stature. And as Alexei stared at the terribly blushing Colleen in a dress, he wanted to smirk at her cuteness. But he resisted doing so when he saw her teary-eyed state as he offered his hand for her to take as she goes down the stage. It surprised him and his heart swelled when he saw her tear up from the relief of his presence.

 A sudden vibration coming from his phone pulled Alexei out of his reverie. Arianne's name registered on the screen and Alexei answered.

 "Hello?"

 "Ale—, —ere's Colleen? Are y— —ith Colleen?" It was hard to understand what Arianne was saying from the low quality of the call. Alexei strained to hear more but the connection was broken so he ended the call.

 He received a text message a minute later from Arianne telling him that they are being held by traffic due to the weather and stayed at another hotel and asking him if he's with Colleen and if she's fine. Then after a flash of lightning, a really loud crash of thunder broke the sky and Alexei stopped in his tracks as the electricity went down. He heard screams from fellow students but after a minute, the electricity is back probably run by generator.

 Lou appeared with a frantic look on his face. With an agitated voice he shakes Alexei on the shoulders and asks: "Where's Colleen? Have you seen her? Stupid lift nearly trapping me inside!"

 "No. I thought she's with you?" Alexei asked, confused.

 "I was with her! But I left a few minutes ago and then when the bloody thunder started, I went looking for her but she wasn't in her room."

 "Maybe she's in the restaurant or something." Alexei remembered Arianne's call and a bad feeling pooled in his gut.