Chapter 12: You insult anime, you die

CHAPTERTWELVECHAPTERTWELVECHAPTERTWELVECHAPTERTWELVECHAPTERTWELVECHA

Alexei (Third) P.O.V.

Alexei is exhausted. And frustrated. And pissed-off. He's also a little close at punching something but he controlled his urge and instead groaned in frustration. He shoved his books in his locker before slamming it shut and leaning his forehead on it.

The reason he's in this mood?

Exhibit A: He just got an e-mail from his Uncle Robin containing unbelievable information. Information about his parents. At first he did not want to know what it contains but curiosity won over. God, he wished it did not. He doesn't want anything to do with his so-called parents anymore.

Exhibit B: A week ago, Alexei found out that Jules, his younger sister, was rushed to the hospital after fainting in their grandparents' house. The doctor informed them that Jules has a rare hereditary illness that she inherited from their mother. Not much information is known about it which is why his Uncle Robin has been trying to find information about cures and such since then. Fortunately, she's stable now.

Exhibit C: It could be the annoyingly loud idle chatter about some girl coming from a group of guys near him.

Speaking of girls... he thought. His mind drifted to Colleen.

Telling somebody about his life is not something he does every day. And yet, he felt relieved after he told Colleen a little about him.

Colleen Stephan Edwards.

Alexei met her a couple of years ago at a formal party that his Uncle Robin - who was being extremely stubborn - forced him to go because he stubbornly insists that Alexei will be needing it for his future.

But he's glad he went because that was the first time Alexei saw Colleen.

She wasn't like the other rich brats. She was shy and polite. He even thought she looked cute. But he didn't dwell on it too much. After all, why would he?

Then, a year later he transferred to Limitless Academy and saw her again. It was the second day of school and he got lost. While walking through the empty hallway, he heard someone playing the piano and was mesmerized by the sound so he went to check it out and saw none other than Colleen Edwards. Although her hair was a different color, he knew that it's her.

It happened a few times more and Alexei found himself liking this girl he barely knows. Maybe it's the passion he saw as Colleen played the piano or the silent beauty that she is. But he didn't act on it because... he doesn't want to be selfish again. Alexei swore that he'll focus on taking care of Jules and making it up to her for those years that he acted stupid and childish.

But then last summer, Jules insisted that his big brother should stop thinking stupidly and live his own life. His little sister was acting so matured and was scolding him. Jules told him to find his happiness. They had an agreement.