Chapter 1: Kitty Shorts

Disclaimer: All the characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental. :)

CHAPTERONECHAPTERONECHAPTERONECHAPTERONECHAPTERONECHAPTERONECHAPTERON

               “Stop! Please stop!” I begged them. I can’t move. I’m bounded and frozen. My captors only continued to roar in laughter and point the gun at my head.

               “Oh don’t cry, princess. We need you alive until we get your daddy’s money.” The head man mocked me and at his remark, the other men sneered.

               “How dare you talk to my best friend like that!” a female voice shouted. The men parted and she suddenly appeared. I’m supposed to be relieved but I know who she really is now that’s why my fear just doubled.

“That’s not the way to treat a princess! Instead…” she smirked. “I say we just give her a gift to remind her of us for the rest of her life!” The men around her roared in laughter and cheered. Then, she grabbed the gun from the head man and pointed it at me.

BANG!

I woke up with a start, nearly falling off the tree branch I was sleeping on while the nightmare started to fade.

I jumped from the tree branch that I was on while I sleep. My feet met the grass with a soft thud. I brushed some dirt off my school uniform and sighed.

The bell rang, signalling the start of lunch break.

Stupid dream.

That was my typical way of enjoying free period in school: sitting on the nearest tree branch I could find and doing something anime-related. Today, I brought the new mangas I ordered online. But I guess I fell asleep… not that it’s any better from being awake.

I checked my phone for the time and seeing that I’ve been asleep longer than I should have, mentally panicked. I’m supposed to get some papers from some teacher from some building in this freaking school! Shimatta! (Damn it!) It’s lunch break already! Being an errand girl of the principal is really tough work.

My phone vibrated and my best friend’s name appeared on the caller ID.

“Hello?”

“Colleen, where are you? Are you joining us for lunch?” Arianne asked.

“Uh, no. I hate the cafeteria, remember? Besides, I still have one last errand to do. I’ll see you later.”

“Okay fine.” I imagined her, rolling her eyes as she said this. “Later.”

I ended the call and started walking in the direction of the English Faculty Room. Fortunately, the head of the English Department is not like the principal. He didn’t give me any scolding but instead wished me luck in facing the wrath of Principal Skye, who – unfortunately for me – is also my aunt. Hence, years of high school being her errand girl.