00

Prologue

               If you ask me now what the worst part of my life is, I would answer you with full confidence: eight grade.

Back then I had two best friends, Chelle and Bianca. Some would say that’s great. I had two best friends to support me and comfort me. Well, I’ll tell them now they’re wrong. That’s why I used the word “had”. Past tense.

Bianca was the one who started it – showing me the truth.

               I was walking through the hallway with my head bowed. I knew they were talking about me. I already heard my name spoken a lot of times by different voices. But I didn’t know why and I didn’t care. At the end of the hallway, I’ll be with my two best friends and everything will be fine.

               Except, I was wrong. At the end of the hallway awaits two of my nightmares. And the worst part of it is: I am awake.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Now, I hear them talking. I roll my eyes at their gossips and ignore everything. I walk through the hallways and I let myself be invisible. That way, I survive.

               Only Arianne remained a true friend to me. She stayed even when I tried to push her away. She persisted even when I wanted her to give up. She never gave up on me even when other people did. I thank her for that. She let me be my new self. I focused on things that won’t hurt me. I got into anime and all things in between.

               I realized that Lord Byron was right. Friendship is Love without his wings.

***************************************************************************************************

               “Here is the girl’s file and all the information you need to know about her.” He gestured for his assistant to give the file to the man in front of him.

The man opened the folder and said, “Limitless High?” His blue eyes scanned through the information as best as he could, given that the room they’re in is very dimly lit.

“Her aunt is the principal and the owner of the school. Everything is already taken care of. All you need to do is blend in.” The benefactor’s deep voice sent a chill through the man but he kept himself from shivering.

Instead, he answered. “Yes, sir.”

“Report to me your every move. Give her to me as soon as possible.” His benefactor ordered.

“Understood.”

The man left and the benefactor clasped his hands on his desk. He thought of his plans, which he just triggered into action. He looked at the picture of the smiling woman on his desk. The strawberry coloured hair in big curls that falls past her shoulders, the glint in her peridot eyes, and her bright smile, the benefactor drank it all in – every inch of her features.

Now, he only needs to wait and soon Nadine’s child will be in his hands. It’s a good thing patience is his strongest quality or Franz will be dead by now.

We’ll see. The benefactor thought. Good things come to those who wait.

With that in mind, his lips formed a triumphant smile and he got back to work.