Chapter 27: Traitor

CHAPTERTWENTYSEVENCHAPTERTWENTYSEVENCHAPTERTWENTYSEVENCHAPTERTWENTYSE

Colleen's P.O.V.

I woke up feeling cold and groggy in a dark and damp room. It took me a while before I could sit up and when I did, pain erupted in my skull and the world turned. I blinked my eyes multiple times, my breathing labored.

I think I passed out though because when I opened my eyes again, the room had darkened. I rubbed my temples until the pain in my head turned into a dull throb. The room I was in looked like the inside of a barn. Hay scattered the floor and the stench of horse manure was overwhelming. I looked around the room and my eyes landed on a sleeping figure at the corner across from me. Past kidnappings went through her head before I remembered what happened.

The sleeping figure groaned and that's when I recognized who it was. It's Bianca. Whoever took me must have kidnapped her too in order to lessen the eye witnesses.

Bianca sat up from where she laid. And her scared eyes searched the room frantically until it landed on my still form. "S-Steph?"

I know I hated Bianca but that doesn't mean she deserves to be in this with me. In fact, I pitied her for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. She may have done mean, selfish things to me but no one deserved to have one's life on the line. I've been in so many kidnappings in my life to know that.

"Yes, it's me." I replied rather calmly, surprising even myself.

She stood up, her legs shaking. She walked towards me and I let her. I even scooted over to make some space. She sat beside me, shivering from the cold. I kept my mouth shut, not knowing what to say. We were both silent, only the whistling sound outside could be heard. Where are our captors? Isn't that the standard procedure?

"I'm sorry," she said, surprising me. Did I just hear her correctly?

"When I saw you coming out of the building earlier, I was actually planning to bully you... again." I was at a loss for words. "But now this happened and I don't know whether we're getting out of this alive so I might as well accept my karma."

"I know that all the things I've done are unforgivable and I know sorry won't cut it but I just want you to know that I didn't do everything without a reason. I-I—"

She sighed. "I hated you because your father refused my dad help when his company was on the verge of bankruptcy."

"And seeing you every day with your personal chauffer, and your pretty dresses, and your dad's success and money made me a green-eyed monster. I wanted to take everything you have and that's why I..." She started to sob.

Miracles do happen. If someone told me a year ago that Seth and Bianca would be apologizing for me while crying, I would have looked at them like they were an alien then laughed at their face.

"I'm sorry for kissing your boyfriend. I'm such a witch."

Before I could reply, the door opened and light poured, blinding me for a moment. Familiar faces held each of my arm, dragging me outside. I heard Bianca call out but they ignored her. They, being Charles and George from the park incident months ago.

"The benefactor wants to see you now," Charles said, his skull tattoos looking more menacing than before. I thought of who their so-called benefactor could be, thinking of Scott but dismissed the idea immediately when they dragged me in a heavily-tinted car where Scott is in the driver's seat. No way will the mastermind of this be the driver. These guys are just henchmen – pawns.

"Hey cutie," Scott craned his neck to look at me with a perverted smile. "It's such a waste. The benefactor ordered me so I can't touch you."

He pouted. This sick bastard pouted.