Chapter 20: We're all just weird kids in the end

CHAPTERTWENTYCHAPTERTWENTYCHAPTERTWENTYCHAPTERTWENTYCHAPTERTWENTYCH

 "When did you become British?" Julian asked, his arms around Arianne as they wait for me finish getting my books out of my locker.

 "Um," I bit my lip. Alexei requested that I speak with my birth accent since he learned about it, something about it sounding sexy as he described it which I think was ridiculous but my dad backed him up since it's something that reminds him of mom so I finally caved in. "Since birth?"

 "She's actually English but since she lived here she wanted to discard the accent because she's trying to be invisible, remember?" Arianne said. When we arrived, I went to scold Arianne for lying to Alexei about me running away. After that though, I thanked her too because she's partly the reason why Alexei and I are together. Her mind and its devious plans.

 I now understand whoever said that "the more, the merrier" because since I came back and opened myself to everyone, I've been in a state of cloud nine – and understood living without a care. I even have an afterschool "study" (I'm going to lecture him about anime!) date with Alexei later and I was planning to cram all things anime in a few hours with him.

 Arianne told me the latest news: Beau and Lou became partners in the Senior Friendship Bonanza while I was away; Seth joined the school's soccer team while Bianca auditioned for cheerleading which is just so typical. They're also partners but I couldn't care less right now. I haven't been in contact with either of them which was a relief. Beau was being a nice friend even though Lou was being childish about being partnered with him. I think there's something going on with Lou and I have yet to talk to him about it.

 Arianne has been stressing out about the Halloween Costume Party that my aunt assigned the student council to prepare. Arianne wasn't stressed about the event preparations per se. She was more stressed about finding the perfect costume for everybody.

 "This is the greatest challenge I have been faced with so far!" Arianne declared, her eyes twinkling with determination and excitement. She really is born to be a fashion designer.

 But there's a catch: partners are supposed to wear costumes that match. To say that the school was psyched was an understatement. The whole four days before the academy's Halloween costume party, all you can hear from every direction inside the campus would be whatever whoever will wear to the event. I even heard a pair that they'll wear a peanut butter and jelly costume while another said that they'll be going as Minnie and Mickey Mouse.

 Since I have a newly-dyed dark blue hair, Arianne wanted me to cosplay Hinata Hyuga from Naruto at first but then she deemed it too simple so she changed it. It's Thursday and we're all at my house because she wanted to make all our costumes. I didn't know how she could have done it but she did and she doesn't even look tired. She looked ecstatic.

 We were doing some final fitting on our costumes while the guys were playing video games in the game room because Arianne prohibited them to see us wearing the costumes. I wanted to tell her that they'll see us wearing them eventually since Aunt Skye wanted a photoshoot as soon as each pair enters the school but she insisted and that's that.