Chapter 4 | Here they come...

[[ >>> Welcome back, user <<< ]]

[[ >>> Datapackage received <<< ]]

[[ >>> Loading all contents: Standby ( 10% )... <<< ]]

[[ >>> Loading all contents: Standby ( 76% )... <<< ]]

[[ >>> Loading all contents: Standby ( 99% )... <<< ]]

[[[ >>> Processing complete! <<< ]]]

[[ >>> - United Nations Security Intranet - <<< ]]

[ Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx ]

[ WARNING: GOVERNMENT INTEGRITY CRITICAL! PLEASE BEGIN SEEKING TO EVACUATE ALL CRITICAL PERSONNEL TO A SECURE LOCATION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU ]

[ >>=+=+=+=<< Connection >>=+=+=+=<< ]
[ >>=+=+=+=<< Terminated >>=+=+=+=<< ]

If there's one thing that the American Government, or any government for this matter, doesn't like at all, it is a lack of control.

"Can anybody explain to me what the FUCK happened with Ohio?!" began the President. Hawthorne looked over her computer screen as well as several computer screens and a Hologram that was on. Her table, showing the state of Ohio and various 3d models that were quickly being generated and updated to show the information that was being gathered from the National Guard.

She looked over at the Chief of Naval Operations who was scratching her head, "Madam President, we uh... don't know." That caused her to raise an eyebrow in confusion.

"What do you mean you 'don't know'", she asked, a little irate. "I just had a State secede, the states are on fire, and APPARENTLY," she raised her voice, "There's been a nuclear explosion that was able to be seen all the way from New Brunswick!"

"I would like some answers on what the hell just happened to my country!"

The National Security Advisor then spoke up, "Madam President, as far as we can tell, we are left in the absolute dark in what has happened with the State of Ohio," Hawthorne took a breath and let loose an angry exhale, "But here is what we know."

"There was some sort of skirmish from a super Terrorist cell that had engulfed the entire state of Ohio, that's one part," she began, "there was a super advanced faction trying to stop whatever the hell that the terrorists were doing, that's two."

"And 3..."

"Terrorists suddenly coming back online, BlackRock suddenly pulling investment, AND these warships coming out of our waters?" Hawthorne saw the warships outside her window, and asked, "Why haven't we shot them down?"

"General Moore advised against it, as well as several heads in the Chief of Staff and the Department of Defense." Hawthorne took a breath and started walking around the Oval Office, with the holograms following her.

"So what can we do then?" She began, throwing her hands up in the air, "Cities are burning, Ohio needs to be brought back into the Union, and we need to restore economic order."

That is when a financial advisor showed his head, "Good news, Ma'am," he began, catching attention, "According to the models we have, the Mantle Investment Corporation, BlackRock's rival, is keeping a large chunk of the American economy, notably defense, still afloat." Her eyebrow began to rise.

"This means that, though areas like our banking and our big financial firms are tanking, we still have a considerable defense industry to fall back on should things fall to a World War III," he concluded.