Chapter 51 | Unified Resolution

[ Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx ]

[ <<< Please contact Closure, there seems to be a technical error >>>]

[ =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= ]

"... Big Brother...?"

"Novie? Is that you?"

One man was running about. He was the one who ran an impressive range of things. From the Naval branch to even the more important and war-defining logistics sector. He was rin the midst of running from the former over to the logistics console when he heard the voice of his dear little sister.

"Big brother?!" when he gets to the console, that is when he sees the little girl that has been calling his name. Her face was ashen and pale, and for whatever reason, where she was was a lot of shaking and seismic like activity.

A bright ol' smile forms on his face as he grabs a hold of a microphone built into his earpiece and starts talking.

"Novie, you're alright! Are you with dad now? Please say yes?" He spoke in a worried tone as he was running down the halls of the new Atlas military base, the Octagon, as he was racing down the hall

"Yes I am... but uhhh..." she trailed off for a moment as there was a sound above, causing her to fidget again, "He is busy taking care of the b-bad people, what are you doing?"

"Logistics, nothing too crazy. What do you need?" he asked as he arrived at the logistics hall to hear them screaming over each other, trying to get the logistics to the correct position, working with corporations, genuinely hating the job of re-supplying an intergalactic war.

"How is the war happening on your s-side?" carefully she asks, "I-I would like to know!"

She was looking at him with the curiosity one could expect from somebody that age, who wants to know what her family is up to. But also to know just how things really are.

"Uhhmmm..." he slowly starts, "It's been going... good...?"

He desperately tries to ignore the agonized yells of "Mother Fucker, THAT'S NOT WHERE THE 155MM AIRCRAFT SHELLS ARE SUPPOSED TO GO!!" And instead supplemented them as some sort of manifestation of his imagination.

"It's good! It's going good, Novie." He then decides to ask her, in kind, "What's happening over there on Terra?" And he somewhat braces for it, cause the brutal honesty of a child is going to be something to behold.

"Well... most of the world is on fire...?" she gulps, and points above, "The kind ladies and papa are fighting big, scary machines above me and I... I need to get here..."

Of course it is, he takes a breath, "I guess there's a bit of a bonfire over here too... we get marshmallows though!" as he scratches the back of his head, he coughed in turn and leaned in.

"Anyways, I assume that you didn't call me to talk to me, correct?" He spoke as he went to sit down and begin to file the paper backgrounds, ensuring that they match up with the computer files in the older computer systems with a faster hard and soft drive, upgraded in the old wired computers that is hooked up to an router that only connects to the Government's internet, ensuring hacking is hard.

"Nope, that's not all," she seems to take a moment, shedding that scared and shaky front for a moment and speaking plainly for him to hear as clear as the crystals around him; "We need reinforcements, big brother, and we need them now."