Chapter 39 | Green, Jumping Demons

[ 🏰] [ <<< R.I. Neutral Network >>> ]

[ Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx ]

[ <<< Please contact Closure, there seems to be a technical error >>>]

[ =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= ]

The drones began to take flight, with many of the operators near the Doctor trying to get the hell out of dodge. PRTS was still booting up, so they don't have a good visual or eye on whoever is raining fire down on them. Taking cover, some sliding against ancient asphalt and taking behind old hover cars that had long since been abandoned by their former owners.

The popping of guns, the zipping of tracers, all of that was a nightmarish combination that made it hell on their minds, and hell on their bodies if they get hit.

Not to mention the taunts, oh their fucking taunts.

"Still can jump, can you?!"

"I can't hear you~!"

"We ain't done till you stay down~!"

"Where do we go?!" was the immediate question asked by Gavial as she tended to an operator's wounds as quickly as she possibly could. Some other operators were hurt and she was seething not taking multi-subject healing lessons. She had to quickly hit Blaze with some of her Arts, but that was only doing so much.

Green tracers were descending all over them, landing across the asphalt and keeping their heads down. Saria was still going to help operators, using her healing skills while protecting them from the hail of fire. The city's green aura, and the green lights of the hostile caused them to blend in, leaving Exusiai and others trying to provide firing support stuck in place and aiming at the wrong targets.

Their only hints sometimes were the bullet impacts and even then, any Sankta were desperately using their abilities to try and pinpoint where the enemy shots are coming from. Exusiai included. Her halo and wings were glowing brilliantly, and she was laying down her fire, not caring if the Law declares her fallen as she goes full automatic, none of that 5-round burst bullshit.

The Doctor can watch as the Guardian angel of the group made her Arts bullets go full explosive, uncaring of the fact that this was an ancient ground, no she was driven by a desire to survive now. Texas was only providing some sort of support, but her lack of a gun was not winning her any favors. Skyfire was moving to start using her more explosive arts on the enemy.

But they weren't standing still.

They were jumping from the rooftops, laughing, taunting as they began to say some random Airborne shit, singing that damn song while they left behind green smoke to cover their repositioning.

The Doctor was searching everywhere, for any signs before he noticed something, their eyes. He saw, their green, glowing eyes, staring down at him and his operators like an angry cat's eyes. Scrutinizing, incredibly bright, and picking him and his people apart for weaknesses.

Nobody else had noticed it, at least not yet. They were still trying to defend against an enemy that kept shooting, scooting, and finding new ways to inflict damage, avoiding the explosive arts of Skyfire and the hailstorm of Originium bullets that was coming from Exusiai.

The Doctor knows that he must tell them, but he also knows that they will have to get out since they were in some of the worst possible positions to be in against an enemy that has the high ground, so he searched his body for anything that can be used to ensure that they can get out of the killzone, anything.