Chapter 34 | Scientific perogative

[ 🏰] [ <<< R.I. Neutral Network >>> ]

[ Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx ]

[ <<< Please contact Closure, there seems to be a technical error >>>]

[ =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= ]

The city of Trimounts was a glimmering jewel in the scientific community of Columbia. Home to the Rhine Labs corporation, and a massive amount of research and technology. Millions of people lived in this great mobile city, and the activity was near endless.

Seldom it goes to sleep, unless the last researchers were sure that there was nothing else they could do, and that rarely happened. Once every few months, or at latest, entire years.

Raythean, RL, and so much more, is it any wonder that this city grew to providence, with many companies finding it safe to develop their experimental technologies within its walls. Business and trade flowed through this city, a wonderful lifeline.

Rows of skyscrapers, office complexes, and giant corporate blocks is where all of the innovation and power in the city originates. This is how Columbia had become the superpower of Terra. Its companies brought with it a wealth of military advancements and civilian advancements that could not be challenged by even the efforts of Ursus or Iberia when she was in her prime.

And it was from here that Columbia launched Terra's first satellite, and placed it above the Fake sky.

To say that Trimounts were the brains of the nation was not impossible to believe either. Lot's of great strategists, thinkers, and scientists come from here, and it is rumored that some of the best politicians in the nation learned from the city's wide berth of universities.

To the front door of Rhine Labs went the Doctor, Kal'tsit, and Amiya, the 3 opening the doors that protected the most powerful company in Terra. The Doctor stood in front of Kal'tsit and Amiya, who were moving with him to the reception desk.

Strange how in the war, this place was strangely calm.

The Doctor himself was appreciative of the lab and how calm it was, especially when compared to the frontlines. Of course ever since the bombing and the visions he was having, he always felt uneasy and more cautious to ensure that that sneak assault won't happen again.

And by Terra herself, to Theresa and Kal'tist, he doesn't want to imagine what would've happened had he actually died then rather than given a second chance, one that the Doctor still is confused about.

That blast should've killed him, why does it only knock him out?

He will have to ask more questions to those who witnessed him within that state for extra details, and to experiment on how to activate it without nearly dying in combat. That is when he arrived at the front desk and was greeted by a...disgunted voice.

"Welcome to Rhine Labs LLC," the receptionist began, not looking up from her desk and drawling in the most tired way. She was not expecting anybody from the way she was acting, probably just another bureaucrat that was going to complain about Rhine Labs.

"Hello, we have a meeting with Kirsten Wright." At the voice, her head snapped upwards, and came face to face with the hooded mask of the Doctor, the piercing green eyes of Kal'tsit, and the cute bunny of a CEO that was Amiya.

"T-the doctor of Rhodes Island?!" the woman questioned, genuinely flustered at the fact that he was here, in Rhine Labs, "You... I need to meet with the CEO, right?"

"Yes indeed, do you know where her office is? I believe we are at our appointed time. If you require the name, we used Amiya as the name." He spoke as he hoped he gave enough information to get to speak to the CEO of Rhine Labs.