Chapter 26 | A Toast

[ 🏰] [ <<< R.I. Neutral Network >>> ]

[ Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx ]

[ <<< Please contact Closure, there seems to be a technical error >>>]

[ =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+= ]

"The Doctor did what during the operation?"

"I know right? Sounds unbelievable doesn't it?!"

The Landship was abuzz with gossip. Dan, who piloted Rhodes Island-2 and was the one who brought them back from the Kazdellian forest, had told some of the crew what apparently happened according to the operators

"I heard he was hit by this screeching demon, and he got right back up and started to beat the living hell out some of them!" another operator came, this one with a bit of a Columbian drawl to her tone.

The gossip was endless. More words, some of them came from Columbian soldiers or from other operators, just freshly arriving back from wherever they were, and telling stories of what happened.

The idea that the Doctor suddenly woke up from a knocked out state, to going absolutely berserk on the enemy before knocking out again was mind boggling, and it still filled that fair of the old Landship.

"Enough chatter," and everything came to a stop.

Some operators instantly silenced themselves upon seeing a familiar red coat, and the gray wolf that was underneath it.

"It is imperative that this matter does not get any more publicity, compliance is mandatory," she ordered. Over the years, she had grown to be something that more and more operators fear and respect, especially if she is acting out some orders.

So the gossip began to stop, but what didn't stop was the genuine concern many had for their beloved Doctor, who was no doubt out of action and incapable of much for now.

Gummy went explosive when she heard that the Doctor got knocked out twice.

And there was many operators questioning how the enemy got so close in the first place... despite reports of what happened in the forest slowly trickling into the arms of many of the higher-up officials of the Landship.   

For now, the medical staff and close members were the only ones who could actually visit.

Hibiscus was still looking over PRTS's readings, still utterly baffled in what she had seen that day. Whatever just occured, even amongst people like Patriot and even the likes of Talulah, that was impossible.

Even Originium Arts, which could flare up when a person is in danger, couldn't explain.

Adrenaline couldn't even entirely explain all of what she had witnessed either;

and it was frustrating her, and many of whom in the infirmary.

"How in the name of the Law and the underworld was he able to pull that off? What was that light?!" She hissed, trying to gleam any sort of insight from her reports, only to come disappointed with nothing that she could see.

She took a sigh, looking at the cot which had the single-most important person in Rhodes Island resting upon it, covered in blankets.

And having both an angel and a bunny girl resting on his stomach. She had to take a picture at some point, what with both of them protectively resting their arms around him.