Chapter 35 | Countdown

[ Discord: https://discord.gg/3N584EEFXx ]

Ten...

Cities began to report the cries of attacks on the outskirts. All across the ground, citizens watched as strange, alien forces began to poke at their cities.

Not a proverbial poke, a literal one as they began to test the cities' individual defensive responses and national capabilities.

A soldier notes one time, when they were called because of reported attacks on the southwestern sector of the city.

Getting into their vehicle, the soldier sighs and watches. "Where're we going sarge?"

His sergeant was tapping his crossbow, "Southwest, as the report said."

The skies above were just a little cloudy, and the Originium engine gave a quiet hum. The rest of the team entered, and the squad was on their way.

A larger force was probably on the way. They had begun heading towards the exit, where the problem was.

They hoped it was only a disturbance, maybe a rogue military force from Bolivar or a militia that was going in the opposite direction and happened across Columbia's borders.

But when they approached the ramp, oh how they were so wrong in their assumption.

Instead of seeing rogue forces, they spot a mobile forces of what appears to be Theresa tanks, but with a single massive barrel, covered in symbols and is pure black, as black as a void, with Babel type IFVs rolling around nearby in a staggered formation, opening fire as they retreat and come back.

"What the fu-" was heard from one of the soldiers. The sergeant blinked for a moment, before barking into his communicator, "We got hostiles!"

After getting out, the soldier raised his hand and prepared some explosive arts, while the soldier behind him prepared an Anti-Armor tube.

The armored vehicles continued to strike at locations and retreated to regroup as infantry were inside it, laying down fire to ensure that they could get the feel of an armored offensive, targeting anti-tank groups to protect the vehicles.

"Hey Gonza, get your ass over here!" The sergeant yelled, before the private from before, launched a wave of fiery and destructive Arts at the enemy, while crossbows moved to hit the vehicles in their sights.

While the crossbows bounced off the hull, the destructive arts caused one of them to flip as they redirect their efforts at the reinforcements, firing upon them as they turned coats and fled.

"Wha-?" Gonza stopped his Arts attacks and looked at the sight, curious and confused, "They're running...?"

"What the fuck, why?"

But, one of them launched an anti tank missile towards the group, just to ensure that it's weakened before leaving the battlefield, for now.