15

The silence that was engulfing Haeun was too loud to ignore.

Though she knew Sunwoo was always being grumpy, she did not expect to get yelled this bad. The anger in his eyes was too obvious for her to call it normal.

Seeing it, she was sure for one thing, Sunwoo was serious about it. And it concreted when the boy poured out all the hatred he got over her.

"I hate a girl like you, Kim Haeun", he stepped closer to her. "You think you can get anything you want, huh? Just because you have everything in your life, it doesn't mean you can easily order someone to fulfil your desire!"

He shot her a look, a look that made her realized that she should have stopped more earlier.

It was then Haeun felt her eyes stung, a lump was forming every so abrupt in her throat, her breath hitched as well. She was trembling in fear and disappointment. It was hurt to be rejected this harshly.

"I-I am sorry", she had almost lost her balance, nonetheless her feet seemed to be cooperative not to let herself seen shattered. "I....won't chase after you anymore".

At that, Kim Haeun weakly turned on her heels, giving her back to him. Her eyes were sweating after blurting something out of her willingness. Nonetheless she was certain that it was the best.

Much to the heavy heart, she forced herself to leave into the crowd of people that was watching their show for free. Strange how their existences were invisible in Haeun's sight or maybe it was because of the cloudy vision of her eyes.

"Hey", Haeun only noticed one person among the crowd who was softly yanking her wrist when she passed by the demeanor, an unknowing look was portrayed on Jia's face.

Haeun pursed her lips forcefully at the latter before she glanced over her shoulder to spare Sunwoo a last glance, the boy was still staring at her frame, hatefully.

Then she disappeared.

She walked away after assuring her best friend that she was fine though she knew none Jia nor Eric would have believed. She walked away without turning back, oblivious of what Eric had planned to do.

"You", Eric glared at the boy who just humiliating a girl in the hallway, ready to throw hands. He obviously did not care about his image as an elite student anymore, seeing his friend in pain was somehow wrong.

But, his intention failed when Jia reached for his wrist. She softly shook her head when their eyes met, slightly dragging him out through the sea of people.

Sunwoo poked his inner cheek with his tongue, messing with his hair in the process. He really wanted to yell out loud. Having things uncontrollably getting in his way were too much for him to handle.

However, he did not expect that Haeun was interrupting his little mind more than his girlfriend did.

The seat next to him was vacant all day long, it was almost seemed like she had fled away from school. But, her bag was still there, leaning sturdily against the desk.

During his soccer practice too, Sunwoo could not keep his focus. It was too disturbing though he should not have felt that way. Haeun was no one to him.

"You were harsh", suddenly someone spoke from next to him on the bleacher as if the person had been reading his mind. In real quick Sunwoo turned his head towards the demeanor, the latter adding with a shrug, "if I must say".

"What?" in disbelief, he furrowed his brows, Bomin scoffed.

"I've heard about it", the tall boy stared far across the wide field, cracking his knuckles. "In fact, everyone was talking about you and Haeun".

At the emphasisation, Sunwoo clicked his tongue, unfazed of the next thing that would be escaping Bomin's mouth because that boy could be the most savage boy on earth.

"You could've talked about it nicely instead of yelling".

Though it did sound like a diss to Sunwoo, he could not deny that Bomin was right. All along, he had never yelled at Haeun for flirting with him, but now he did just because he was pressured with the problem existed between him and Jiyeon.

Bitter to the reality, he admitted that it was unfair for the girl.

But, looking at the positive side, Haeun no longer would be bugging him.

"Ouch!"

Kim Sunwoo was too occupied with his thought during the practice that he had missed out to dodge the ball that was coming at him. It ended up hitting him on the forehead, pushing him to the ground - falling flat.

"You okay?" one of the players asked, helping him up on his feet.

Was not it a lie to say that he was fine when the spot he was hit was now red? So he shook his head, excusing himself to the nurse office.

He was lucky that it was still open and he immediately got treated by the friendly nurse.

"It will definitely leave you a bruise", the nurse informed, dabbing ice pack on his forehead. "But, don't worry, it will not last long".

The ice pack was then passed to him, the nurse was then disappeared behind the curtain that was covering one of the beds in the room.

Someone must be here too - he thought.

As it was a cue, the curtain was pushed open slowly, revealing a not so tall boy. They both froze when they met each others' eyes.

"Eric, get me a bread too", a girl was then making her appearance, pushing the curtain open more further. She seemed to notice Sunwoo, he left her stunned as well. "Oh...hi."

By reflex, Jia pulled the curtain behind them closed, covering the occupied bed from being seen. Unbeknownst to the pair, Sunwoo had seen it all.

"Why Kim Haeun was lying down there?"