49

The thought of the tryout already gave Sunwoo butterflies and he had been talking about it for a whole week. He kept reminding Haeun about it, in case she would forget, which she would not.

It was not a tryout actually, it was only a casual game and they even played it indoor but Sunwoo want Haeun to be there so that she could hear the announcement of him becoming the new captain by herself.

Of course he did not tell her, it was supposed to be a surprise.

She had been seeing his hopeful eyes that wanted nothing but her to come. How could she disappoint him? She would be drowning in a sea of guilt if she did so.

Because of that, she has pushed herself to be here on the promised day, despite her limited capability.

Haeun had been staying in the restroom, locking herself in one of the cubicles, enduring the pain.

Her hand that was holding on her pills bottle was shaking whilst her other free hand on her chest was clenching on the fabric of her cloth.

"God, please let me hanging in", she mumbled with eyes closed, she could feel her whole body  drenching with cold sweats by now.

Biting her lower lip as she eyed the screen on her watch, it seemed like her heart beat had back to normal. She had swallowed her pills, it should be okay, right?

"I'll be okay... yes I'll be okay", assuring herself that, she almost sound like she was hypnotizing herself.

Wiping her face that had been damping with her own sweats with her sleeve, she was terrified seeing her own reflection in the mirror.

She hoped her sick face was well covered by the makeup.

Her stamina was not at the best level today. It almost felt like she could have fallen if there was no wall or anything she could hold onto along the way.

As she turned the corner, her feet almost instantly halted. She squinted her eyes to get a better vision ahead.

The drugs made her sight cloudy.

But she was sure, she was seeing a right thing, person specifically.

"J-Jiyeon?" instinctively her feet moved ahead, but then the figure was yanked by someone she knew the most but was not so sure since she was under control of the drugs. "Why Jihoon and Jiyeon are here too?"

Their figures were then disappeared which only awakening her instinct to keep following. The curiosity was killing her.

"Haeun", but her plan was a fail when her name was called from the opposite direction.

She slightly stumbled as she turned on her heels, leaning against the wall for the support.

"Hey", she smiled upon seeing a curly head springing towards her.

Sunwoo halted right in front of her, surely oblivious that when she kept blinking she was trying to see him clearly.

"I was looking for you", he smiled back with that cheeky smile of his. "Why are you here?"

"I.." Haeun looked at the direction where she was supposed to go before she looked at the boy again. "I... was looking for a vending machine actually".

An airy chuckle was heard from the boy, slightly unconvinced but Haeun would never lie to him. So he eventually believed.

"The game is about to start, but I can't play well if I don't see you first and touch you", he reached for her hand, it was icy. "You okay? You're so cold".

Haeun snorted, "it's winter silly. What'd you expect? And.. why don't you say that you need my kiss as well?"

It was supposed to be a joke but Sunwoo's eyes lit up with what it seemed like surprise and excitement.