tea (shin soukoku)

(this can be seen as platonic but it's supposed to be romantic) Akutagawa likes his tea and atsushi notices so he asks him for tea and is surprised by the fact he eats anything other than black licorice (that never happens but okay)

Can be seen as soon platonic but it's meant to be romantic!!!

Notes:
(See the end of the work for notes.)

Work Text:
Akutagawa liked tea quite a bit, specifically fig tea. Atsushi recalls Akutagawa mentioning in passing on a mission that he hates taking care of plants, but his sister owned lots of them. Atsushi didn't really understand what Akutagawa had against plants. He also remembered Akutagawa enjoyed figs. When he ran into Akutagawa at a supermarket he had lots of them in his cart. When atsushi got curious and asked Akutagawa simply said
"Am I not allowed to enjoy foods, weretiger?" Atsushi doesn't quite remember how the rest of the conversation went however. So after Gin mentioned in passing that he drank a lot of fig tea, atsushi wasn't that surprised.

"Would you like to get tea when we are finished?" Atsushi asked politely.

"Fine." Responded Akutagawa.

The cafe they went to was near the agency. It was one the members frequented. Atsushi silently hoped a particular brown haired man wrapped in bandages wouldn't be there when they arrived.

He wasn't. The two walked in quietly, while atsushi was sure he'd probably get scolded if kunikida somehow find out he invited a criminal to tea, he just hoped it wouldn't reach the ears of his coworkers.

"I'll get a tea." Asked Akutagawa.

"What kind would you like sir?" Responded the hostess

"Do you have fig teas?" Oh. So atsushi guesses were correct.

"Yes, anything to eat sir?"

"One Strawberry tart please." The hostess nodded and scurried away.

"You like sweet foods?!" Asked atsushi, rather surprised.

"Am I not allowed to enjoy food, weretiger?".