(soukoku) lyrics laced with aching pain

January 9 ; 2:31pm

The brunette wasn't excepting to be called to office today, especially at such time. But nonetheless, the phone at his unorganized desk buzzed with anticipation. Dazai's slim fingers slipped around the handle with ease as the phone was held at his ear. "Hello?" He muttered into the speaker near his mouth. "Ah, Dazai! I need to come to my office. Thank you, goodbye!" Dazai heard the other end beep and all that could be heard was static. He sighed before setting the phone back into it's compartment and pushing his chair back. As he stood, he dusted off his clothes and walked towards the beautiful wooden door. The handle jittered slightly as Dazai grabbed it due to the looseness. He walked down the hall in a professional manner, no slouching and no dragging his feet.

As he held up his palm towards the office labeled Mori he couldn't help but feel a sweat beed run down his face. He wiped it away and hit the door with his fist, sending echos into the room. "Come in, Dazai!" The older man hollered. Dazai felt his face twist as he grabbed the handle and turned. Dazai pushed the door and walked towards the desk. The dark-haired man signaled for him to sit, so he took his place in one of the chairs. "Boss.." Dazai greets politely. Mori grins stupidly, before opening his mouth to speak, "Dazai, I'll get straight to the point, I've come across a boy, Chuuya Nakahara. He plays for a silly band, The Sheep. I need to speak with him." Mori speaks effortlessly, as if he was reading off a paper. "Alright? What do I need to do?" Dazai's face twisting in confusion. "He has this band proformance thing at a restaurant, about 10 minutes from here, its a 7pm. I need you to get him." "Oh, ok. What's he look like?" Mori chuckles as he pulls out a file and pulls something out. A picture slides towards Dazai, a ginger with beautiful blue eyes stares at the camera, expression blank. "Thank you, sir, I'll bring him back as soon as possible." Dazai says, being dismissed with the picture in hand. The address was written on the back of the picture, and Dazai can't help but feel excited to meet him.

January 9 ; 5:45pm

Dazai's PMR driver arrives at the restaurant, and he is let out of the vehicle as he moves to park some place. He looks at the big place and wonders how the fuck a small band gets to play here. Dazai shakes his head and moves towards the doors. A old couple in front of him hold the 2 big glass doors. Dazai forces a smile and mutters a 'Thank you' to them. He walks inside and finds a corner perfectly in view of where they were supposed to perform. Dazai doesn't pay attention until the mutters of couples and families drops to a zero. He looks up at the stage thing and notices how annoyed the ginger was. He was probably forced into this or something. The building looks up and the lead singer starts to speak. "Thank you for letting us perform! Right, Chuuuuuuya?" The pink haired girl speaks. Her voice is squeaky right now and it makes Dazai's head ache. He hears another voice, guessing that Chuuya. "Shut up, Yuan!" He speaks, his voice is much more calming. He holds a guitar, an electric one at that. Yuan starts to squeak out some sort of song as The rest of the members squint, probably at a forming headache. Dazai laughes at the reaction pinkie was getting. She soon got used to the song and her voice became more calm and less strained. People in the restaurant started smiling, whether it be she sounded better, or their headaches were gone.

The song concluded and Yuan flushed red. The waitress comes over and says they can have a break for the next band to play, and after that the second song they promised the restaurant could happen. Chuuya sighed a sigh of relief Dazai guessed, before they went backstage. Dazai realized he could barely even hear Chuuya play over the "singing" of pinkie-pie. Dazai glanced around, looking for a free seat, not one could be found. Dazai groans and listens to the next people play. Somehow, they were even worse. They were instrumental music, and all they could play were toots of trumpets and squeaks of violins. Dazai had to be in hell.

Meanwhile, The Sheep were behind curtains discussing songs. "What the fuck do you mean you don't know the lyrics to the song?! We told you to fucking practice those instead of trying to get that shitty school boy to notice you!!" Chuuya was shocked, how could Yuan not practice the most important song?! "I'm sorry! He's just really cute!" Yuan sobbed. "What are we going to do, we promised them we'd play that song, tonight!" Shirase, the gray-haired one says panicking. "I'll sing, I know the lyrics and I can't be much worse than pinkeye here." Chuuya rolls his eyes. "Pinkeye?! I'd rather be called a fucking slur then that waste of words!" She gasps. "And back out- this is- The Sheep! Singing Glass Eye!" The crowd claps out of respect once the members come back out. Dazai notices the guitar is now being held by pinkie, or Yuan as Chuuya called her. Chuuya walked to grab the microphone as mutters of confusion flows through the people. Dazai chuckles at the thought of living orange singing. The opening plays, and Dazai smirks while waiting for the singing to start. Chuuya opens his mouth at the perfect moment starts to sing. Dazai was starstruck, along with the other members and people. Chuuya sounded like angels had possessed his singing and made it sound like heaven was coming. The words flowed perfectly out of his mouth, no pitchynesss whatsoever. Dazai was amazed as he straightened his posture. The words laced together perfectly and the emotion that dripped from the lyrics was mesmerizing. Dazai has no clue where Mori finds this people, but they're always amazing.

the song concludes and the crowd bursts into cheer and applause. Chuuya flushes before going backstage with the others. Dazai follows them back, and meets with them. Chuuya has a water bottle in hand while the others just sit in silence. Chuuya chokes a bit when he bumps into Dazai. "Sorry, didn't see you there!" He apologizes, helping Dazai up surprisingly easily. "It's fine, I'm fron Port Mafia Records," before Dazai can continue they all sit up straight with wide eyes, "which one of you is Chuuya Nakahara?" "Uhm, me." Chuuya swallows his water. "Cool, I need you to come with me back to the studio, my boss wants to speak with you." Dazai awkwardly speaks, noticing how the other members' faces turn from amazement to horror. "All of us, or?" The gray-haired one speaks. "No, just Nakahara." Dazai blinks. "One moment, we need to speak with him!" The pinkie, Yuan, speaks. Dazia shrugs before walking away, but still enough to hear them. "-the fuck are you thinking?! We're a team, and friends, if you leave now, we'll never be friends again!" The keyboardist yells. "I don't care! Y'all are fuckin' toxic anyways, I didn't even want to be part of your band!" Chuuya yells back, before sitting up and walking towards Dazai. "Alright, we can go now if you want!" Chuuya scoffs at his friends. His friends are in horror, Dazai smiles, leading Chuuya to the driver. They get in the backseat and Chuuya leans against the window. "Do I get any free drinks when I'm there?" Dazai's face twists in confusion, "How old are you?!" "15? Its fine, I can drink!" Chuuya groans as Dazai refuses him any alcohol. "Bastard..." Chuuya frowns.
(Story credits > beechira)