(Suegiku) You're the Only One I've Ever Wanted, and the Only One I Cannot Have

(HUGE MANGA SPOILERS! Also this is angst so if you don't like that please read a different chapter!)
"Hey, it's been a while, hasn't it?" Tecchou walked over to Jouno, holding a small basket before sitting next to him.

"I'm sorry. Things have just been really busy recently. I finally opened that flower shop. I get to combine all sorts of colors and scents now! You'd love it, really.

"I always thought the way things ended with us and the Hunting Dogs was bad, y'know. I mean, Fukuchi being the villain the whole time? Who would've thought?

"Well, I guess you knew, didn't you?" He laughed quietly before continuing. "I don't think I told you this, but I heard that Teruko-san got a job, too! I think she's in charge of some sort of company. I can't imagine her doing anything but commanding."

"Tachihara is doing well, too. Adjusting to being blind has been rough on the poor guy, but he's gotten a hang of it. You'd be happy to hear how he is now. He seems so much happier in the mafia. They treat him well there, like a family. More than the Hunting Dogs were for him. Uhm... you must be wondering why I came here, though?

"I wanted to apologize. Sometimes I still hold my breath around others. They find it quite weird, but It's hard to explain. I was wondering how things have been for you? Have they been taking good care of you, Jouno? Certainly not as good as I would've been if you were with me I'm sure. Ha! I bet you think that's ridiculous, but it's true.

"Oh, look at that. I got off-topic. You really should've yelled at me to get back on topic! Back to apologizing, I wanted to tell you something first. Did you know that back when we worked together, I was in love with you? I know, insane isn't it? I don't know what it was about you that made me fall, logically I should've hated you.

"Earlier today I was thinking about you, I usually do. You rarely leave my mind, Jouno. I mean, it's hard not to imagine your face when I smell your favorite flowers, daffodils. You didn't even know what they looked like, but you adore them anyway. I'd like to think that you feel that way about me, too.

"Sometimes I even wonder if you would've worked with me at this shop. I don't think you would have. I mean, some of the customers have a way of complaining, you would never let them stay in the store," His laugh sounded watery.

"Anyway, I hope you're doing well. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I know you don't really like it when I talk on and on, but you did a good job of listening to me this time. Anyway, here are some flowers I picked out from the shop. I love you... I miss you."

Tecchou stood up from the grave slowly and quickly rubbed his eyes. He knew that Jouno never would've wanted him to cry over him, so he quickly made his way out of the cemetery before heading back home.
(Story credits >>> SigmasCookieJar)