First Date

Third POV

Allison and Nick waved goodbye as the two watched Maya drive away to Shadyside to pick Ziggy up for their first date. put the picnic food in the basket while Maya was finishing getting ready for her date with Ziggy.

"How you holding up?" Allison asked as she and Nick sat down on the living room couch. Nick shrugged, "I'm fine." Nick simply answered but Allison knew he was lying.

"Nick be honest with me, please." Allison says she hates that Nick is keeping his emotions bottled up. Nick sighed, "Maya is the first person I go to whenever I need to let out my emotions or tell secrets too but this time, I can't go to her because it involve me confessing to her that I'm secretly in love with her girlfriend." Nick said frustrated Allison nodded for him to continue. "When I realized that Maya has feelings for Ziggy, I decided to keep my feelings a secret because Maya liked Ziggy and I didn't want our relationship to be ruined over a girl."

"You didn't want to make the same mistake your dad and Rick made?" Allison said, "Yea... yeah, I don't want Maya and I to end up like they did. I remember how hostile my dad was towards Uncle Rick because you picked him." Nick said both him and Allison remember how cold Nick's dad was towards Rick.

Allison still remembers the heartbroken look on Joshua face when she picked Rick. It's sad that it took Rick dying for Joshua to be sorry for treating Rick so horribly.

"Maya's my best friend I don't want history to repeat itself where I'll be just like my father was to Uncle Rick. Maya and Ziggy make each other happy, and I don't want to get in the way of happiness. Besides I'm fine with being the friend." Nick says with a reassuring smile.

"You're a good kid Nick. I'm proud that your not making the same mistake as Joshua did." Allison said smiling at Nick.

"It's funny how history repeated itself by having two family members falling for the same girl. What is it with us Goode's and falling for the same girl." Nick jokes.

"Someday you'll meet the right girl, Nick. I'm sure of it." Allison tells him as she ruffled his hair making him chuckle. The two hug, "Time for me to move on. Find someone new to be crazy about." Nick says and goes to the kitchen to grab a snack. Once Nick is in the kitchen Allison frowns despite it being years Allison still feels guilty that she caused Joshua to hate Rick because she picked Rick. Seeing Nick and Maya reminds her of how Rick and Joshua used to be with each other before the love triangle ruined their brotherly relationship but hearing Nick tell her that Ziggy won't cause him to resent Maya made her feel relief that history won't repeat itself with Maya and Nick. She just wished that the same could've happened for Rick and Joshua.

Maya is now outside the Berman house waiting outside with flowers. The door opens and Ziggy steps out looking beautiful.

"Wow, you look beautiful, Ziggy." Maya complimented as she hands Ziggy the bouquet of flowers. Ziggy smiled as she smelled the flowers, "Thank you for the beautiful flowers."

Ziggy went back inside the house and filled a vase of water and put the bouquet of flowers in the vase. She heads out and makes sure to lock the door behind her.

Maya unlocks the car. Ziggy goes to open the car door but is stopped by Maya who grabs her arm. Ziggy looks at Maya with confusion Maya let's go of Ziggy arm and walk around her only for walk around and pull out a blind fold and covers Ziggy's eyes.

"Maya what are you doing?" Ziggy asked confused Maya ignored Ziggy question, "Do you trust me?" Maya asked as she finished tying the blindfold.

"Of course, I trust you, Maya." Ziggy told Maya, "Good because where I'm taking you for our first date is a surprise and I don't want you to see where until we officially arrive." Maya explains and opens the door for Ziggy and helps her inside the car and puts her seatbelt for her. Maya closes the door and walks around and opens the car door and gets inside and puts her seatbelt on before turning the car on and driving to Maya's secret spot.