Ending of Prologue

"W-what have I just seen? I...I don't understand! I can't believe it! We could have saved her! ...did we just stand there and do nothing!? What is happening!?" I was in a panic. The words escaping my mouth were more genuine than ever. My true fear was showing. The memory of every excruciating moment of watching Eloise die right in front of my eyes. "1 player eliminated. 23 remain." the host said. I couldn't believe it. The words I was listening to. Player? They think this is some sort of game. They've kidnapped us and taken us to play this game of majority.

I turn around to see one of the other players getting furious and balling up their fist. It was Kelvin. The 13 year old kid that was terrified was now angry. He had walked up to the host and screamed at him before striking a blow to the stomach. The host grunted in pinching pain. He pulled out a button from his pocket and pointed it to Kelvin's collar. It began to beep. Kelvin froze in place and gasped. Not a word could express the emotion he was feeling. Kelvin was just 13; placed into a game of life or death.

There was nothing he could do. He broke a rule. There was nothing we could do. We watched him break the rule. Just a minute after the collar continued to beep, it exploded. Kelvin's body dropped to the floor; his head was no more. All that was left was the memory of Kelvin being with us. "2 players eliminated. 22 remain." the host said.

Behind me, two doors opened up. We were guided to walk through them. This was just the start of an entire nightmare.