Chapter 1: Part 1 (The Beginning of the End)

When we came through those doors, there were a lot of hallways. Not as much as you think, but there was enough for us all to be able to move around. We were led into a glass corridor. From the outside, we could only see lights as if it were a lab. We entered a different building. The building was two floors, twelve bedrooms on each floor. I had a feeling that they were meant for us. We were all taken to our own bedrooms which had the number of our collars on them. I walked into my room and fell on the ground, still conscious.

The room was chilled. It looked like a small luxury motel room. A bed, a dresser, a closet, a bathroom, a television, a garbage can, a remote control; all I needed to be calm. There was a tablet on the bed. I turned it on and it showed a great deal of information about me. In another section, it showed all the players, but not their intel; just who was alive and who wasn't. The names of Kelvin and Eloise have been redlined, displaying their photos and causes of death. Kelvin, violated a rule; Eloise, punished by electrocution.

My tears flowed as I went to bed, fueled by my yearning to wake up at home. In my perspective, it felt like a mere unpleasant imagining. My drowsiness came on gradually until I fell asleep. A positive dream occurred to me. In the park, I took my dog for a walk, and we chilled out while munching on a snack. The sun was shining brightly as the sky appeared in a pleasing shade of blue without any clouds. The atmosphere of the day was serene and tranquil. During my dream, each scene felt vividly lifelike while I remained asleep. I'm completely disengaged from this life-threatening game. I was awoken the next morning by my alarm. The next day dawned with my alarm sounding off.