Chapter 5: Part 2

With resentment, I gazed at Xavion while he was on his bed. "Merely being capable of manipulating others to get what you want does not ensure consistent success. Sooner or later, your fate will inevitably arrive." I told him. "Say what you want, man. The only objective that counts is to emerge victorious in the game. Winning eliminates all your worries. Pay heed to that." Xavion stared at me with his eyes of terror. He was fully prepared for the next game. There was a loud buzzer, alerting us to head into the next game arena.

The host presented us with an extremely large maze. "Welcome to The Maze. I couldn't think of any better name so this is what you get. Two team members will be in the maze, blindfolded. Your goal is to get to the exit before the other team. But watch your steps. There are holes in the floors and you'll fall to your death. Now, I shall arrange your teams."

Team 1:

Player #3: Xavion Hamilton

Player #6: Micheal Ryan

Player #10: Renfrew Prosser

Player #15: Morgan Lancer

Player #18: Mariella Marino

---

Team 2:

Player #1: Leo Buhride

Player #5: Jago Gene

Player #7: Kichirou Lou

Player #21: Jale Zarakolu

Player #24: Célestine Dubois

---

"Now that the teams have been assorted, choose which two members will go through the maze." the host announced. I looked at my team mates. Is there a time limit? Whoever gets blindfolded will die if they don't make it out in time. "Hey, how about Kichirou! We'll send him in!" Jale giggled. "H-huh!? B-but I'm no good at mazes." Kichirou yelled. "What do you even do for a living?" Céleste asked. "I'm a chef. Not a maze runner!" he yelled once again. "Well, it's always great to try something new." Jago laughed. "Oh, let's also send in Leo! Leo is smart so he could get you outta there in no time!" Jale smiled at me. "I have hope in you!" Céleste said.

"The teams have chosen and it is now time for the maze. Before we begin, I'd like to add some information before you begin your journey. You will be blindfolded at all times unless being told to. There is no timer so you may be in the maze for days to come. If you do end up being in there for days, food will be provided for you and you have permission to take off your blindfolds. The maze walls and floors are completely black. Your blindfolds are thick and black as well. So no cheat will be allowed. Now, we shall begin."

Team 1 sent out:

Player #3: Xavion Hamilton

Player #10: Renfrew Prosser

Team 2 sent out:

Player #1: Leo Buhride

Player #7: Kichirou Lou