Chapter 2: Part 4

I made the choice to leave my room and go to the dining hall at 7 in the morning. Everyone else had already shown up. "Took you long enough" Céleste said to me as I had just arrived in the hall. At last, there was no seating arrangements and I ended up sitting alongside Céleste for our meal. Behind us, there was a display screen which depicted a comprehensive list of all the players once more. It has been transformed into its current state from its previous condition.

16/24 Players Remaining:

1) Leo Buhride

2) N̶i̶c̶h̶o̶l̶a̶s̶ ̶B̶o̶l̶t̶o̶n̶

3) Xavion Hamilton

4) Cale Mathis

5) Jago Gene

6) Micheal Ryan

7) Kichirou Lou

8) ̶K̶e̶l̶v̶i̶n̶ ̶F̶i̶r̶c̶h̶

9) Maxence Bertrand

10) Renfrew Prosser

11) Kuroda Katsuo

12) K̶u̶z̶m̶a̶ ̶S̶o̶k̶o̶l̶o̶

13) M̶a̶i̶s̶i̶e̶ ̶M̶o̶o̶r̶e̶

14) Carmen Coolatta

15) Morgan Lancer

16) E̶l̶o̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶R̶o̶b̶i̶n̶s̶o̶n̶

17) S̶e̶u̶n̶g̶ ̶M̶i̶s̶h̶i̶l̶

18) Mariella Marino

19) Hasana Effiong

20) Z̶a̶r̶i̶t̶a̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶c̶o̶

21) Jale Zarakolu

22) Khuld Mansouri

23) Célestine Dubois

24) L̶i̶n̶e̶t̶t̶e̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶l̶s̶o̶n̶

After looking at the screen, Renfrew pointed out something none of us saw until the last second. "Wait. Why is Seung's name crossed out? She didn't get eliminated." he pointed up at the screen. Seung's name was indeed crossed off. "That's odd." I wondered. She's on the 3rd floor. "I'll go check on her." Morgan said as she ran out from the dining hall. How's it possible that she got eliminated over night? "Hm. The toaster's missing." Jago stated. We all sat in silence and waited for Morgan to return. Morgan did not return. She screamed. It was so loud that it could be heard from her location. We all ran up to the 3rd floor, to Seung's room.

Seung was dead.

Inside her bath, she sat with the toaster submerged in water, which she had taken from the dining hall. She passed away the previous night as a result of suicide. She deliberately had on clothing with intention so she would be able to show everyone that she did this on purpose. We had no words to say. We barely knew her. The intercoms made a loud and scratchy noise. "Could you please make your way to the Elevator of Polls immediately? All players need to go right away." the intercom turned off. We all began heading towards the elevator. Beknownst to us, another player passed away and we couldn't do a thing about it. Giving up her life was the extreme measure she took to break free from this place. I am finding it hard to handle the intensity of this. I am merely a 15-year-old teenager. Why did I choose to come here?