Chapter 2: Part 5

As the elevator went down, I couldn't sense my feelings. It seems like they have disappeared. Upon the elevator doors opening, 16 podiums were lined up in a circular formation. The arrangement of these elevated platforms caused me to ponder on something. There was a TV program that I used to watch ages ago. I just can't figure it out right now. I made my way to my podium and stayed positioned there. What led to this happening? Is he convinced that we are accountable for her death? "It seems that another player has been eliminated. But, I am aware that it was a suicide. I need the game to be fair. I have made a few changes in the rules for this voting session. Only males are the candidates for voting now. With 5 females and 3 males deceased, we must make it fair. The two males with the highest vote count will be eliminated." the host explained.

Everyone looked around at each other. "What do you mean "only males"? Why isn't this fair?!" Micheal shouted. "It is fair. I want to have an even amount of people from both gender parties. 9 males are currently standing. 2 of them will be eliminated. Discuss and choose." the host made his final announcement. "This can't be fair. Just because he wants an even party, doesn't mean everyone else does. Right, guys?" Micheal was clearly stressed. Everyone looked at him like a crazy person. "Maybe we should vote off Xavion. Remember what he said at the dinner party?"

--

[Flashback]

Xavion: "It seems evident that you are determined to carry on playing. I cannot assert with absolute certainty that I am. My intention is to cease it. I am going to develop a blueprint for alteration, enabling me to ultimately govern the conclusion of the game. Can you perceive and consent?"

--

"Hm. If that's how you feel about me, then so be it. I haven't even done anything yet." Xavion sighed. "Hm. Do we have to pick 2? Isn't that a little much?" Kichirou asked. Renfrew looked across the room. "Hm. Since there are 9 males still standing and 2 of them will be picked, the probability of getting chosen is at a great 22.2% chance. That all depends on everyone's decision of course but it still counts." he explained. "There's gotta be another way." Kuroda stated. Suddenly, the screen from behind each of us displayed a question mark. Someone had already voted. "You guys are taking forever. Just pick someone and go on." Maxence said while being the one who was standing in silence the entire time. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to die. I didn't want anyone to die. I can't refuse to vote either.

I decided to vote for myself. I had no other choice. I don't want someone to die in my hands. The voting had ended. All the votes were displayed. Kuroda and Maxence tied with 3 votes. Everyone else was safe. "Wait. We tied. What does that mean?" Kuroda asked. "Like I said, the 2 males with the highest votes will be eliminated." the host explained. "Wait. BUT WE TIED. THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE YOU CAN'T JUST--" Maxence was stopped mid-sentence. A bullet had been shot through his head and he had fallen to the floor. Kuroda was frozen in place. He was shaking in fear and screamed and cried. Kuroda tried his best to run away but got shot in the back of the head before he could make it anywhere. "Now, it's even. The next game will begin shortly. Prepare yourselves." the host left the room.

We were all standing in horror and shock as we just witnessed 2 more players fall under the hands of us once again. We had no other choice but to participate in the next game.

[2 Players Eliminated]

Player #9: Maxence Bertrand

Player #11: Kuroda Katsuo