Chapter 2: Part 1 (The Bridge of Life and Death)

Player #24: Linette Carlson (Deceased) [3 Eliminated, 21 remain] 

The room presented us with the sight of columns and ropes upon our arrival. As we were unaware of the situation, our focus was directed towards the host's words. "It is with great pleasure that we introduce you to your initial genuine game. All the items you observe in this vicinity, such as pillars, ropes, and platforms, will be utilized by you. In order to safely traverse across this room, make use of these items. As the room boasts considerable spaciousness, you'll be allotted a generous 15-minute interval to safely traverse to the opposite side."

"You cannot run to the other side. It is forbidden to make contact with the ground while attempting to cross to the opposite side. Losing your balance or tripping can have fatal consequences, making survival impossible.After successfully finishing the game in a timely manner, you will safeguard yourself from the potential harm that follows. In order to start, it is necessary to ascend the first pillar. Begin."

-15 minutes have started on the clock-

Each of the three large poles were scaled by all seven individuals, as we endeavored to reach their highest points. The ground that would provide security was at a distance of about 14 meters from us. Due to its considerable size at the summit, the pillar provided ample room for numerous individuals to stand on it. The support structure was incredibly sturdy. We glanced towards the other side as there were merely 14 minutes remaining. Above the ground, there were numerous ropes to walk on, platforms to stand on, and ropes to swing from, as well as various other features. Carelessness during a fall from this elevation can lead to fatal consequences. Nick and Maisie strolled side by side, clutching each other's hands tightly to ensure they stayed close.

I also began to cross the course. I was unsure about the consequences if we failed to complete the task within the given time frame. There were only 11 minutes remaining before the clock ran out. As if their lives were on the line, Morgan, Carmen, Célestine, and the other players were running and jumping with great intensity. Suddenly, there was complete silence before a person's scream and a loud screech filled the air. Our collective action was to pause and gaze intently. Just as Maisie was about to slip, Nick intervened and saved her from falling. Nick maintained a strong hold on her as a precaution against her potential fall. Maisie's fall occurred when her hand slipped, prompting Nick to join her to offer companionship and prevent her from dying in solitude.