Chapt. 18 ~ It's A Trap

Mute stared at the feather in her hand during the carriage ride. "I will go around the front and meet you in the chapel. I already informed the acquaintance that we will be meeting him there." Miko reminded Mute.

"Hmm..." She lowly groaned.  

"How long have you had that, Mute?" 

"Hmm?" Mute looked at her friend and back at the feather. "Since the Curry Festival." Miko leaned over and took the feather out of Mute's hands and began to examine it. Miko stared at it for a while before tucking it in her sleeve. The carriage came to a stop and the door to Mute's side was opened. 

"As I said, I will see you inside." Miko reminded with a smile. Mute nodded her head and got out of the carriage. She closed the door and waved Miko goodbye as the carriage began to move again. Mute made her way into the church and roamed around for a bit. Knowing Miko, it was going to take a while for them to meet up again. 

"Hello there Fallen One!" Mute quickly turned around to see a child dressed in some uniform smiling up at her She looked surprised. Did she hear those words right? Or did she just imagine it? "What's wrong Fallen One? Are you impure again?" 

So she did hear that right. 

"Awwww, well look at these little ones. I'm not a big fan of kids, but you are certainly adorable." Grell commented as he walked over to the small boy how was talking to Mute. He didn't hear anything that the boy had said to her. 

"Mute?" Ciel called out. Him and Sebastian made their way towards them. Mute came back to her senses and backed away from the group. "What are you doing here? I didn't think we would see you again. Are you alright?" 

"Oh, hi there. Hello Unclean One, I can see every bit of impurity!" The boy smiled and looked at Grell. 

"What?!" Grell began to fume up. 

"What's wrong, Unclean One? Are you not feeling wel-ack!" 

"You brat! Who are you to be calling me unclean?!" 

"Ahhhhh! An Unclean One touched me!" 

"We need to go and be cleansed!" The little boys yelled before running off and Grell chased after them screaming. 

"I am gone for a few minutes and there is already a commotion. Don't you have anything better to do?" Miko came into the room with a sigh. She smiled at the kids as they ran pass her. The children knew her since she was a guest at their building. 

"Yae Miko, so you're here as well. Why am I not surprised?" Ciel began to sulk. 

"So Lau has mentioned my name to you. I hope he didn't run his mouth with anything foul about me. If you're here on business, that is one thing, but I would appreciate if you didn't crowd my friend." Miko made her way over to Mute and stood close beside her.