Chapt. 15 ~ To Slowly Give In

That night, Mute stayed in one of the bedrooms for the remainder of the day. All she did was look out the window and watch the sun go down, the birds fly by, and watching the sky change. While continuing to look out the window, the door to the bedroom she was in had opened and revealed Ciel entering inside.

He took an empty seat beside Mute as he began to look out the window with her in silence. "Thinking about something?" Ciel asked, breaking the silence.

"Mhm." Mute hummed, nodding her head. She glanced at Ciel for a moment before looking back out the window. "You're in a contract with that demon, aren't you?" She spoke!

Ciel was taken aback for a moment when hearing the girl speak. After collecting himself, he replied, "How did you know?"

"You both are rather close, and your eyepatch gives you away. And the more you look at him... The more you can see how inhuman he is. Any person who is observant can notice the slightest details you know?"

Ciel fell silent for a moment. "Sebastian tells me that you are a Fallen Angel."

"Are you going to ask me what the difference between a pure winged angel and fallen angel is?" She eyes him.

"No. He is right about one thing. You are a mystery."

'Some things...are better left in the dark.' Mute sighed with her thoughts and returned to being silent once again. She felt she had talked enough for one night. Ciel could tell that she didn't want to be bothered anymore. All he could do was nod his head before leaving the room.

Mute returned to staring out the window to collect her never-ending thoughts. It was long after midnight and still stayed sitting in the chair. Until the door to the room that she was in had opened revealing Sebastian. Mute quickly stood up from the chair when seeing his reflection through the window. She turned to face him, on her guard, as he said, "My Young Master and I will be going out this evening. I had preferred if you came with us so I can keep a closer eye on you. However, if you wish to stay here, by all means, you can do just that. Although," Sebastian suddenly smirked and made his way towards Mute. "It is not like you can ever leave even if you wanted to." He cupped her chin and lifted her face to have her look at him.

A blush made its way onto Mute's cheeks before she shook her head to move his hand away from underneath her chin while looking away in denial. Sebastian smirked, knowing he was right. He leaned down and gave her a small peck on the cheek as he closed his eyes.

"I won't be out for too long." He whispered before leaving the room. After some time, knowing for sure that the coast was clear, Mute left the room and decided to follow Sebastian, Ciel, Lau, and Soma. Just to see where they'd be heading off to this late and the middle of the night. She appeared on some rooftop and saw the group of lads down below. After seeing them sneak inside into somebody's mansion, Mute decided to sit where she was and stare off into space, watching the snow fall and land, creating piles of white cold clouds.

Slut!