Mishap part 4

Tony POV
A pounding headache drilled through my skull as I regained consciousness. Lifting my dreary eye lids, I found myself in a dim concrete room tied to a chair. "Layla?" I called, noticing that she was tied to a chair back-to-back with mine.
"Ugh, Tony?" She groaned as she woke up. "Where are we?"
"I don't know." I said.
       Just then the door opened and in walked the one behind all of this. "So, ya finally awake? An' jus' in time. My mega cannon's almost complete an' ya'll be da first da try it out." Jack Cole said, approaching Layla with a sickening smirk.
"I've gone too far to let you get away with this now." Layla spat back.
"Say wha'ever ya want, ya aren't gettin' out." He said. "Now behave. I'll be right back." And with that he left, slamming the door behind him.    
Once Jack Cole left I could feel Layla trying to break out of the ropes binding us. Wanting to help, I reached for my left wrist but felt no spy watch. "Damnit, they took my spy watch!" I said.
    "I have a small pocket knife in my front left pocket, but I can't reach it." Layla said.
    "Maybe I can." Maneuvering our chairs so we were as close as possible, I reached over and felt my way to Layla's lap. It was too hard to look back and reach behind me at the same time so I just had to feel around and hope for the best. And by that I meant I hoped I didn't touch the wrong thing and have Layla be mad at me for the rest of my life.
"Watch your hands, Toretto!" Layla quietly yelled.
      "Oops."
       "Go a little left then straight down." She instructed. My fingertips skimmed across the seam of the pocket.
       "Almost got it." I said, diving into the pocket and grabbing the small, flat knife. "Yes!" I cheered. Using the small blade I cut through the ropes and within seconds we were free. "Nice teamwork." I said, handing Layla back her knife.
     "Don't celebrate yet, we still need to get out of here and stop Jack Cole from finishing his weapon." She said.
    "First we should find my spy watch so we can call for backup." I said. She simply nodded and walked towards the door. Slamming against it, we tried to get it open but the door wouldn't budge. Looking around the room I tried to find something useful but only saw the two metal chairs we were tied to. Wait a second, metal chairs!
Grabbing one of the chairs, I put the top of the backrest into the crevice between the old door and the graffitied concrete wall. "What are you doing?" Layla asked.
  "Getting us outta here." I replied. With all my might I slammed into the chair, prying the door open. "I can't believe that worked!" I whispered to myself as we ran out of the room.
  As we crept down the hallway, the sound of footsteps caught my attention. Grabbing Layla's waist, I pulled her into a closet just as a man in all black rounded the corner and entered the room just across from us. "Wha-!" I put my hand over Layla's mouth, cutting her off. Looking through the small crack between the door and the wall I saw the man leave the room followed by Jack Cole.

Layla POV
  Prying Tony's hand off of my mouth, I creaked the door open to make sure that the coast was clear. When I didn't see anyone there, I opened the door and crossed the hall to the room where the footsteps I heard had walked out of. Luckily, it was unlocked and Tony and I were able to quietly sneak in. Inside the room was a small desk and a swivel chair.
  "There's my watch!" Tony said, retrieving his watch from the desk.
  "Good, now let's go find Jack Cole." I said as I opened the door.
  "No need." A voice said from outside the doorway. I didn't even have to look to know who's voice that was. "I told ya da behave, didn' I?" Jack Cole said.
  "And I told you I wasn't gonna give up!" I said, sending a punch flying his way.
      Lifting his arm, he blocked my attack and pushed me back onto Tony. "Did ya really think ya could standa chance 'gainst me?" He said as several men dressed in black surrounded us. They dragged us downstairs into the basement of the building and tied our hands behind our backs. "Now dat ya gather'd all my stuff t'gether and I finally finish'd my super weapon, ya getta be my first test subject." Jack Cole said as his minions pushed me in front of a giant laser cannon and held Tony off to the side.
      "No! I won't let you!" Tony yelled, struggling to escape their grasp.
      "Oh, don' worry, you're next." Jack Cole said with a sadistic smile. A red light surrounded the tip of the laser cannon as it began to charge up. "Say goodbye." He smirked. The world slowed down as the light from the canon flashed and shot towards me. This was it. This was the end.