Getting it over with

(End of season two, Tony and Layla just defeated Rafaela)

Tony POV
    "I'll take that." I said, grabbing Frostee's yoka medallion out of Rafaela's hands. She growled at me as I walked past her and stood next to Layla who was watching the monitor screen. People were dancing, bright lights were flashing and loud music was playing. It all looked like so much fun and I couldn't wait to get back and join the party. Looking over at Layla, I could tell she was also excited for the party. "Now tell me you have anything better to do."
    She laughed. "You're always recruiting me."
    "I'm just saying we make a great team!" I defended, earning a smirk from Layla.
    "Omg, would you just get it over with all ready!" Rafaela said, interrupting our moment. Layla and I both turned to look at her with confused looks.
    "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.
    "Ugh, you two obvy like each other! So stop making me sick and take it into the other room!"
    "What?!" Layla and I shouted at the same time.
    "Me and Layla? What? No. Why would you think that?" I rambled on.
    "Gross." Layla muttered. Again? Did she still think of me like that? Rafaela just rolled her eyes and went back to pouting over her defeat.
    When the spy plane finally landed Layla and I joined the party and made our way through the crowd to our friends. While we were dancing, I couldn't help but think about what Rafaela said. Was it really that obvious? I mean, it wasn't the first time someone accused me of liking Layla. But they were just jumping to conclusions! Sure we were best friends and a great team and would probably make a good couple... wait, what was I even thinking? Do I like Layla?

The next day

    "You belong in the jungle. I belong in the city! No, no. Don't make this harder than it has to be." Cisco cried while holding Doughnut in his arms.
    "Cisco, we gotta get back to LA!" I called out to him.
    "Just give me a second, T!" Cisco called. "Hah, you don't mean that!" He said to Doughnut.
    "We're gonna miss our flight, Cisco!" Frostee yelled irritably.
    "It's our spy plane! It'll wait!" Cisco yelled back before turning to Doughnut again with tears in his eyes. "I'm never gonna forget you, bro. No, don't say goodbye! Just say see you soon!" He collapsed to the floor dramatically.
     "This is gonna take a while." Echo said, rubbing her forehead with her palm.
    Noticing that Layla had already walked away, I followed after her. "Whatcha thinking about?" I asked as I reached her.
    "Nothin." She replied shortly. Not satisfied with her answer, I just waited expectantly for her to spill. "I'm just wondering what Rafaela meant." She said after a little while.
    I knew exactly what she was talking about and I had to admit I had been thinking about it too. "And it's not just her. Frostee and Miss Nowhere said almost the same thing." I said, thinking aloud.
    "Is it really that obvious?" She asked.
    "Apparently to everyone else." I said. Silence overtook us. Neither of us knew what to say next. "Maybe we should just get it over with." I finally said, surprising myself with my own words.
    Layla was a bit shocked and hesitant at first. "Maybe we should." She said, her voice full of question. Hesitantly, we both got closer and slowly started leaning in, both afraid that the other might suddenly retreat. But soon we were close enough for me to brush my lips against hers and after seeing no negative reaction, I finally captured her lips with mine.
    The kiss was short and we pulled away after only a few seconds. We both just stared at each other, not knowing what just happened or what it meant. In that moment silent words were spoken and somehow we knew everything was okay. Feeling more confident, we both leaned in for a longer fiery kiss.
    "Ehemm" We were interrupted by someone clearing their throat. "You'll have plenty of time to... mingle on the spy plane." Miss Nowhere said as she and the others left. Smirking, we followed after them into the spy plane. It turned out things were actually better now that we had finally gotten it over with.