Chapter 14

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Over the span of the next two months, Blake and (name) got to know each other better. Every Friday night, Blake would leave the game and return with supplies on Sunday morning.
(Name) still wasn't sure of where Blake went when he left the game, but at this point he/she knew he/she would not be getting answers to that question.
During the two months, a lot of things happened. Snowball fights. Pancakes and waffles. Movies on DVD. Warming up fingers that are blue from frostbite by the fire...
And in September, a strange Christmas themed party.
Blake had made a comment in passing about how he had not celebrated Christmas or any holiday for that matter in years, despite living in a place that gets a "white-Christmas" with more than enough snow every year.
(Name), being a bit too impatient to wait a few more months until December, decided that he/she and Blake would celebrate Christmas now and then again in December.
The two agreed that the party would be on a Sunday after Blake returns to the game.
All day Saturday, while Blake was gone, (name) was out in the snow preparing everything. He/she spent hours compacting and shaping the snow to look like a bunch of things for a Christmas party.
A snow table —which was really just a giant brick made of snow. Two snow chairs —which were really just smaller bricks of compacted snow. And a snow Christmas tree with snow presents under it —which was a tower of snow vaguely reminiscent of the pine tree with hundreds of tiny icicles protruding out of it to look like pine needles.
(Name) couldn't really get Blake a present because he/she couldn't go to the store or anything. This bothered (name) a bit since giving Blake a present would make this makeshift September-Christmas more real and meaningful.
But in the end, all the work (name) did to create the winter wonderland they made for the party was more than enough.
On Sunday, when Blake came back, he and (name) had their little party. Blake brought sugar cookies for them to snack on, and (name)'s outdoor snow setup worked out well.
As the number of cookies began to dwindle and the party was clearly coming to an end, Blake handed (name) a piece of newspaper that was clearly folded around something as if it was wrapping paper.
(Name) teared it open and inside was a small bracelet. And not like a kiddie bracelet, but one with dark wooden beads, the center of which was slightly larger and was colored and carved to look like a tiny pokéball.
"It's a friendship bracelet," Blake smiled proudly.
"..." (name) just stared at it.
"Is...something wrong?" Blake's voice turned hesitant.
"No no no, nothing's wrong with it. I love it. I just... I feel bad I couldn't get you anything."
"What do you mean, you 'couldn't get me anything?' You set up this whole thing. We wouldn't be sitting at a Christmas tree celebrating if you didn't build the tree —scratch that, we wouldn't be here if you didn't decide we should have an early Christmas party. And you know what? As someone who hasn't celebrated holidays in a while, this was the best way to start celebrating again. This was fun."
"...thanks, Blake."
~~~
And just like that the two months passed. It was now Friday and Blake and (name) were positioning themselves on the couch with popcorn as they prepared to watch a movie.
The two sat close to each other for warmth —yeah...warmth— and pressed play on the movie.
Both would put entire handfuls of popcorn in their mouths at once, as if it was a race to see how fast they could consume the entire bowl of popcorn.
Midway through the movie, Blake paused it without warning.
"Bathrooms break?" (Name) asked.
"No. More like answering a question you asked a long while back."
(Name) waited for him to continue.
"When we first met, you asked me why I lived in the mountains to which I responded I couldn't leave but never explained why."
"Yeah?"
"Well, the reason is because there's only one safe way down the mountain and it's blocked. Every other path has drops that can kill you, pitfalls, or are just too long and you will die from the cold before you reach safety. So that leaves the one path, which has an undead pikachu on it."
"Undead pikachu?"
"Yeah. It's called Freakachu and it's terrifying as hell. Whenever I would try to go down the mountain before I learnt my lesson that I shouldn't try at all, it would attack me and Typhlosion. It would open its mouth wide, grab us with those sharp, jagged teeth, and would rip us both limb from limb. Then, it would eat whatever it had taken. My eye. My leg. My arm. And a bunch of shredded pieces of Typhlosion's flesh and organs," Blake was shaking a bit, not making eye contact with (name) as he tried to recollect the experiences. "I would get back my limbs and find myself back at the top of the mountain next time I'm in the game... but for the few hours that I would be stuck there, immobilized and bleeding out—"
He couldn't finish his sentence, describing the pain was too much for him.
"..." silently (name) hugged Blake and rubbed Blake's back to try and sooth him.
For a while Blake continued shaking, but slowly he calmed down and the shaking turned to silent, dry tears.
"Hey, you're safe here. That dumb pikachu isn't here and can't hurt you here," (name) said, not knowing what else to say to comfort Blake.
"...thanks for... for listening."
"Thank you for telling me."
"I'll resume the movie now."
"You don't have to until you're ready. Take some time to compose yourself first."
"Right..." he sniffled a little. "...thanks."
—————
990 words

Tada! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays