Chapter 22

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
After lunch, Dratini went straight into training. To be specific, grinding. Blake and (name) went east out of Celadon City to Route 7 and found wild pokémon to train Dratini against.
At first, it was difficult for the low level Dratini to battle against the higher level Pidgeys, Vulpixes, Oddishes, and other creatures. But as the small dragon leveled up and got stronger, it dealt with the wild pokémon faster and more efficiently.
The only problem with this was that at a higher level, Dratini wasn't getting as much experience from battling the wild pokémon, making the process only get slower and slower as time went by.
It took the whole rest of the day to evolve Dratini into Dragonair, and (name) and Blake concluded that it would probably take all day tomorrow for Dragonair to evolve into Dragonite.
When Dratini evolved into Dragonair, (name) was amazed. Just like Blake had said before, the graphics of a game can't do the Pokémon World in person justice. The process was mesmerizing: Dratini's body turned into a plasma-like, glowing state which morphed into Dragonair. It was unreal in a way, so different from anything (name) had seen before not including TV.
~~~
On Thursday, training continued but with a slight difference. Instead of Dratini —now Dragonair— grinding against wild pokémon, Blake had the pokémon train again NPC trainers and against Typhlosion.
Battling trainers was a whole different ballpark for Dragonair. The pokémon were more well trained and prepared for fights.
But, with some determination and guidance from Blake, who told Dragonair what moves to use, when to use them, and when to watch out or dodge, Dragonair was able to get through plenty of trainer battles unscathed.
As for training against Typhlosion, Blake would let Dragonair and Typhlosion battle against each other with little to no instruction. Typhlosion would go easy on Dragonair, and would increase the difficulty as Dragonair learns.
The reason Blake did this was because it would encourage Dragonair to not feel so dependent on a trainer like Blake to function. Plus, it allowed Blake and (name) to observe; Blake would find any weaknesses or blatant openings that needed improvement, and (name) would be able to learn about pokémon through watching.
It was while watching these battles that (name) came up with an idea.
"Hey Blake, pokémon can fly anywhere, right?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Then why didn't you just fly up to the top of Mount Silver when you went there in the first place?"
Blake was silent at first. The question made him a bit uncomfortable, but it was more that he didn't want to relive what happened in his response. "On the mountain, the conditions make it almost impossible to see. You would've had to have been there and know the place really well in order to fly there because otherwise it's almost impossible to see... and one wrong turn and you're never going home."
"..." (name) could tell that Blake was hesitant in answering. He/she now felt bad for asking.
"Hey, don't feel bad. Think about it this way, now that I have lived there for years, we can fly there since I know the way. That's the benefit of pretty much living in solitude and having nothing to do other than observe."
"True, but I'm sorry if I made you remember anything painful."
"Honestly, don't sweat it too much. You didn't ask the question out of animosity and wanting me to feel pain, so there's nothing wrong with the fact that you asked."
"...thank you... for answering my question and for not getting upset with me for asking it."
"Mhm," Blake gave (name) a soft smile. "...Also, having Dragonite on our team will mean that we not only can leave the mountain whenever we want, but it also means we won't have to encounter Freakachu again."
"See? I told you sledding was a great idea."
"You were right. You were 1000 percent right."
~~~
Thursday evening, Typhlosion and Dragonair were still training together. In their vicious clash of flying, fire, and dragon type moves, the battle was abruptly paused when a faint light emanated from Dragonair.
From a dim blue light, it grew into spots of pure brightness which consumed Dragonair's body. Soon enough, the pokémon's entire body was covered in the light and it shifted into something between a liquid and a solid.
It morphed itself, moving around and growing limbs and changing its shape. When the light subsided and faded away, a Dragonite proudly roared as it finished its evolution.
At first, it looked like a different entity entirely. The look on its face was no longer the kind and reserved one of when the pokémon was a Dratini and a Dragonair. But within a few moments of collecting itself and getting used to its new form, Dragonite's face morphed into a small smile and it went up to (name) and Blake all politely.
It was the same pokémon, just a bit different looking.
"...Dragonite...fly.... Wait a second, we can go to Johto now!" (Name) exclaimed, then looked at everyone else. "But let's eat dinner and sleep the night in Celadon first."
—————
858 words