Chapter 29

Characters from the games and creepypastas in this book do not belong to me. This story will have blood, profanity at times, and as I continue writing it there may be more warnings.

comments = me happy = I'm motivated to write

—————
Blake cautiously hopped over towards the source of the voice, being careful not to get his hopes up too much just in case it wasn't (name).
As he moved closer and ducked down in the foliage so he would be harder to see, Blake caught a glimpse of (name) and a stranger.
The stranger and (name) were smiling and chatting. (Name) looked comfortable with the other person, almost as if they had been lifelong friends.
Almost as if (name) has forgotten about Blake.
This kind of made Blake a bit angry and a bit jealous. But most importantly it made him feel sad; he had looked for (name) for all this time, and from his perspective (name) was just getting all buddy-buddy with someone else and replacing him.
Blake turned away, if (name) was done looking for him, he was done looking for (name). He was about to start leaving, but was stopped by a tinge of guilt. Maybe it was a misunderstanding... maybe (name) was looking for him but got sidetracked... maybe...
But Blake didn't entertain these ideas for super long, and he began to leave.
~~~
Five minutes earlier.
"Damn it! How could we find LITERALLY NOTHING again!" Asher slammed his fist into a tree angrily as he and (name) were returning from a reconnaissance outing.
"Yeah....nothing," (name) sighed, thinking about how he/she still hadn't found Blake.
"Seriously, I know that those fucking creepypasta things are here. I just don't understand how they hide their presence so well."
"Maybe they're good at stealth... or maybe we just aren't looking in the right places?" (Name) offered.
"Then where are the 'right' places. ARGH I'M SO DONE WITH THIS."
"Yeah... why can't they just appear, y'know?"
"We aren't talking about the same things again, are we..." Asher said despondently. It was around this point that Blake had found (name) and Asher.
"No. Not entirely..."
"We both know what I'm talking about, and I have a feeling I know what you're talking about."
"You probably do, but anyways I'm glad we didn't get hurt or anything. Sure we found nothing, but it's better we find nothing and can look again tomorrow compared to if we find nothing and are hurt, or worse we find something that escapes and are still hurt."
"True. But I wouldn't lose against them. They may have won in the past, but if I see any of those monsters they're as good as dead."
"...right."
"But hey, good job today," Asher's rude tone went away briefly.
"You mean it?" (Name) smiled some.
"Yeah. You helped a lot today."
"Thanks."
There was a brief interlude of silence, during which Blake had begun to leave and (name) and Asher had stopped walking.
"...Who is Blake, (name)?" Asher decided to ask.
Blake stopped walking away to eavesdrop on this.
"Blake is..." (name) exhaled. "Blake is my favorite person in the world... we got separated and when I came to, I was on the floor in the woods."
"...." Asher nodded solemnly.
"I've been looking for him every time we go out, but I haven't had any luck finding him. It's a bummer, but all I can do is keep looking and hope I'll see him again soon."
"What if he was killed..." Asher decided to say.
"By the creepypastas?"
Asher nodded.
"He's probably fine. But that doesn't mean I don't worry about him," (name) said.
"Right, well we can go out tomorrow and maybe we'll both find what we're looking for then."
"Mhm."
Asher and (name) began to walk back towards the old house. It wasn't too far from here, approximately a three minute walk.
Blake followed them quietly, not knowing if Asher was a threat or not and not wanting to reveal his presence yet if it meant endangering himself or (name).
Since Asher and (name) had stopped chatting, Blake had to be extra careful to avoid making too much noise.
As they got closer, the trees began to thin some and there were more spots to trip on since the foliage had been pushed to the sides (which is where Blake was hiding).
Unfortunately for Blake, all this extra foliage condensed to one location made it harder to hop around without making any sounds.
As soon as there was a loud crinkle from the leaves, Blake froze.
But it was too late. Asher and (name) turned towards the source of the sound and saw Blake peaking out from behind a tree for a brief second before tucking behind it.
(Name)'s face turned bright with happiness at seeing Blake again. But not Asher.
Asher grabbed a throwing axe off his belt. The tree Blake was hiding behind wasn't going to be enough to protect him.
(Name) might've seen his/her boyfriend, but Asher didn't. He didn't even see a human being.
Asher saw a monster that needed to be killed.
—————
813 words!