Part Eight

Author's Note: The Zelda thing is a bit out of place but I love writing about my special interests (that's why I'm writing this fanfic) so it's here.

============================

Word Count: 1048

============================

'No, no, no! Go to Divine Beast Vah Naboris first, then Thunderblight Ganon will have less health and will be easier to defeat,' Demi said.

We'd decided to play The Legend if Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Demi sighed impatiently.

'Just give me the contro- No! Don't talk to him, he's a Yiga foot soldier, and we don't need any more trouble. Give me the controller.'

I refused, so Demi resorted to instructing me on what to do.

'Use fast travel to get to the Great Plateau, yes, the shrine up in the mountain, that one. THAT ONE!'

Eventually, I found the right shrine, and travelled there.

'Now what?' I asked.

'You see that tower there? No, that's the rito tower. That one. Yes. Open the thingy - I can't remember the name - and put the light thing on the tower, like you did with the shrines at the start. Good. Now, use your paraglider and go that way.'

I did as she said.

'Is that a stable?' I asked.

'Yes. It is. I'd get the shrine beside it if I were you, so you can just go back there. Don't get your horse out, they can't enter the desert.'

'Why not?'

'They just can't. Use a sand seal instead.'

'A sand seal?'

'That thing there. If you have a shield you can surf the desert with it. Go to the bazaar. That thing on the horizon. YOU JUST WENT PAST THE MEMORY, GO BACK AND GET THE MEMORY!'

So I went back and got the memory.

After a half hour of playing, and several, 'RUN FROM THE GUARDIAN, YOU CANT PARRY YET!'s, I saved the game and put down the controller.

'Are you quitting?' Demi asked.

'I have to go home,' I said.

Demi checked the time on her phone.

'You probably should,' she said.

I said goodbye to Demi and promised to text her when I was home safely before calling Gabriel.

Gabriel: You want a lift home, I assume?

You: Yes.

Gabriel: I'll be there in an hour.

You: okay, bye

Gabriel: bye!

I now had nothing to do for an hour.

I walked around New York City for a while, but there was nothing to do, so I just sat down in a bus shelter and waited.

Eventually, Gabriel showed up and drove me home.

He didn't say anything on the journey.

'Thanks for the lift,' I said as I got out the car.

'Bye,' Gabriel said before driving off.

What's up with him? I thought to myself.

I brushed it off and went to my apartment.

I was greeted by Molly, who led me to the kitchen to show me her empty bowl.

I filled her bowl and put the remainder of the sweets in one of the drawers.

I went through to my bedroom and got undressed.

I grabbed a towel and showered.

I put my dressing gown on and sat on my bed, crossing my legs.

I remembered I had to text Demi.

You. 19:57
I got home safe, but forgot to text you haha

Rhea / Demi. 19:58
That's good 👍

I put my phone down, took my dressing gown off and got into bed.

I pulled the pillow from the other side of my bed towards me and I held it tight, wishing it was a person.

Wishing it was Demi.

Still cuddling the pillow, I grabbed my phone and opened Google.

Is Rhea ripley single

It seemed to take years to load.

Australian wrestler, Rhea Ripley (Demi Bennet) is single as of DD/MM/YYYY when she broke up with (Name).

I turned off my phone and held the pillow even tighter.

I had a chance.

Unless someone else got to Demi first.

I fell asleep with mixed emotions; joy, from knowing Demi was single; and anxiety, knowing someone else could claim her before I could.

My worst fear came true in the morning.

I was scrolling through my for you page, half asleep, when a certain video caught my eye.

This is a close enough recount of what the video said:

Narrator:
Yesterday, singer (Name) (Surname) asked out WWE star Rhea Ripley, over instagram.
(Surname) was then publicly embarrassed when Ripley replied with this when it was brought up in an interview:

Interviewer:
So, Rhea, what is your response to (Name) (Surname) asking you out?
Demi: He seems like a nice guy, but sorry to break it to him - and to the fans at home - I already have my sights set on someone.

Demi liked someone else.

But I didn't want it to get in the way of our friendship.

I texted her.

You.      07:04
Morning Demi

Rhea / Demi.      07:04
Morning y/n! Did you sleep well? ☺️

She'd replied faster then I thought she would've.

You.      07:05
I did, thank you for asking. :)

Rhea / Demi.      07:05
:)

Demi was extremely quick to reply this morning. Maybe she had nothing else to do.

I smiled.

I decided to stay in bed for another half hour at least before getting up.

I held the pillow against my chest again, wishing one day it would be Demi.

I decided to change her contact name before texting her again.

You.      07:23
Is your nose better now? :)

Demi ☺️       07:23
Yes, thank you for asking. Want to video call?

You.      07:24
I would but I've got no clothes on haha

Demi ☺️.      07:24
Okay, maybe we shouldn't video call.

You.      07:24
I'm gonna go get changed now.

Demi ☺️.      07:25
Okay then 😊

I wasn't going anywhere that day, so I pulled on a pair of leggings, an oversized T-shirt and stripy socks.

I grabbed a bag of crisps from the kitchen and sat in the living room with them.

Molly jumped onto the couch beside me as I watched the Rhea Ripley versus Asuka match, even though I'd seen it in person the day before.

I saw myself at the front of the crowd.

And I noticed something I hadn't seen the day before.

Demi was looking at me for most of the match.