Two Lovers

Perhaps, this room was one of the most magnificent ones I've been to. Snowy walls exquisitely matched the gloomy floor carpet, on which branches of trees grew as you walked further into the chamber.

A large-sized bed leaned on the faded wall. Squared green cushions were laid on top of the white bed scarf. Above the bed was a fascinating glassed picture in black and white.

I fell flat with my spine on the soft bed. Turning on the TV, which floated above the vanity chair, I slowly fell asleep.

Sun rays peeked through the light curtains of my suite when I'd woken up by a sudden buzzing sound— my phone.

"Good morning. Alex told me you got the hotel keys." A strict tone spoke.

"Oh ... Yeah ... yeah. I did," I said in a raspy morning voice.

"That's good. Don't forget you have your script at the reception and ... One more thing, there will be a dinner with your cast members in the evening. You must be there."

I pronounced a quick "mhm" and flopped back on the pillow with my face. Amsterdam seemed to fix me as I effortlessly fell asleep for hours without suffering all night. Perhaps, it was just my exhaustion kicking in.

* * *

"Amsterdam isn't like London, but you'll like it," spoke Alex.

"It seems peaceful, but also not," I responded, getting strands of my hair out of my face.

At noon, I agreed to explore the city as I had nothing else to do or think of. My driver had been living and working in the Netherlands for a while, so he knew many locations.

Alex had mentioned he grew up in Poland and later travelled around Europe since he had no choice. He fell in love with Amsterdam and decided to end up here. I think the story was very adorable, although unfortunate.

We spent thirty minutes walking along the streets. After mentioning the nearest Harry Potter shop, Alex tried to fill in the awkward silence between us.

"It's one of the best museums I've ever visited," he explained.

I nodded as we stood in front of a tall old building. Inside, vast amounts of light entered the place, torching it up no bulb ever would.

One of my favorite pieces was a portrayal of a fight. Everyone desired to be understood and involved themselves in proving their points across. In the middle of the painting, two lovers kissed under the storm. They were the only ones who shared a heaven-like moment.

Alex felt like a nice person to hang out with. He always had stories to tell and something unique to show. I was happy I spent my first day not drinking or rotting in bed.

Hours after the tour, we sat in a small cafe bar. Dark wooden floors, windows and a colorful mural made my dream experience to visit a Victorian house. Though the cafe was long, it was thin- half of the front room was a bar. Tables stood at the other side of the area. Bright lamps adorned the plain walls.

"I thought you didn't drink on your job." I mentioned when eye-ing the Vodka Tonic on the counter.

Alex chuckled while picking up the glass. "This doesn't count as work." He sipped a bit of his drink.

I rolled my eyes in disbelief when the bartender finally brought my sandwich. I whispered a 'Thank You', smiling.

Alex seemed to watch me in curiosity. At times, he was good company but also insufferable.

I bit down on my sandwich. Teasing my driver/bodyguard/guide for Amsterdam, I pointed with my index finger at my snack.

"Yummy."

Smiling, Alex responded. "What is this? Looks funny, like you're eating nails."

I grinned, licking the small pieces of the sandwich off my lips.

"Don't even try to seduce me. It won't work."

I laughed, breaking the silence between us. "Who said I was trying to?"

* * *

Entering the reception area of my hotel, I picked up my script, which contained almost every scene of mine in the movie. In a hurry, I carried a heavy package to my hotel room.

I looked at the bed-stand watch— Six Forty-Three PM.

Suddenly, I heard a light tap on my door. Opening it, I saw Alex with a small card in his hand. He walked into the room.

"I forgot to give you thi-" I pulled him by his collar, pinning myself on the hotel door.

I ran my fingers through his short dark hair while kissing his soft lips. Alex suddenly stopped and pulled away from me. He looked at my lips and back into my eyes for a second.

"I don't think we should ... do this." He looked to the right, biting down on his lower lip.

I leaned closer to Alex, causing him to give in again.