No Flaws

Wrapping a large raven pendant around my neck, I stared at my reflection in the mirror, studying my face. No flaws. I was impressed.

I quickly brushed through my short hair with my fingers, sighing as I completed my usual routine.

My idea was to look presentable for the Concert, so I chose to wear a plaid moss-green shirt, the sleeves of which flew over my fingertips, and a dark denim mini-skirt with a large belt to make my look effortless.

I closed my blinds off. It was dark outside, Eight PM, although I lost count of which day of the week it was.

Alex waited outside the hotel, his dark glasses glimmering under the street lights.

"Why are you still wearing sunglasses in the dark?" I wondered.

He chuckled, opening the door for me. "They make me look cooler."

Alex wore a basic dark tee under the oversized jacket that hugged his shoulders exquisitely and a pair of black denim jeans. I found it funny how his short hair made him look intimidating wearing that outfit, although his personality was the complete opposite.

"You know which concert we are going to?" Alex looked at me, bringing one of his hands to my thigh.

I shook my head. "No, of course not."

He chuckled, looking back at the window. "You're so mysterious, Rochelle. Has anybody ever told you that?"

He drove past the tunnel. I assumed it was to reach the location faster. Without any thought, I pushed the button off the sunroof, which opened instantly, letting me get a look from above. With my hands up in the air, I closed my eyes, grinning under the yellowing light of the tunnel.

"Don't you dare fall from there," Alex shouted, beaming up at me.

I chuckled, my laugh echoing through the darkness. A caressing wind playfully swung my hair, whistling shivers down my spine. It stirred the gentleness of the air, transforming it into a lover's comforting touch.

When we reached the location of the Concert, at first, I couldn't believe it was underground. The door gradually opened in front of Alex and me, white smoke coming off it.

As we reached the front door, the noise became louder. Alex was busy talking to a lady, a bouncer, I assumed. I gaped back at the annoyed people behind us in a queue as she scanned our bracelets and picked up a book from the shelf behind her desk, opening a secret pathway.

Entering the hallway, I followed Alex into the lounge area of the location. Inside, the red flashing lights enveloped my and Alex's bodies, coloring them differently.

The ceiling seemed to have a lot of umbrellas glued to it, which paired lovely with the wooden floor planks and worked perfectly with a modernly decorated bar. The vibrating floor squicked as I walked over it, bringing a sense of imbalance and excitement in my veins.

Its' tiny lamps shone on the round stools with engraved flowers, yellowing them. Behind the bar, a large mirror reflected people's conversations or drinks, making them look unreal.

I glanced to the opposite side of the lounge, scanning over a vast area for a band. Thoughts began flooding, and so did the whispers around me as the live music started. A light breeze of smoke mixed with sweat hit my nostrils, making me slightly nauseous. I tried peeking around to find Alex in the crowd, but couldn't see him, so I sat at the bar.

"Would you like anything?" The bartender yelled out.

I shook my head. "I don't know. Could you recommend me something?"

"Peppermint kiss is good." He responded, wiping one of the glasses.

The drink tasted refreshing, giving off a mint scent as I brought it closer to my lips. After having plenty of sips, I felt light, as if I was a flying sky angel. While concentrating on my drink, I gazed into the audience as it moved, hypnotised by the vibrating music waves.

Turning around, I took a sip of my smooth sea gradient drink, being mesmerised by it.

A man I'd recognised sat next to me. Cillian, after looking both ways, leaned closer. "You're following me, aren't you?"

"Not at all." I smiled, bringing the glass to my lips.

Alex walked up from behind, confusing me and making eye contact with Cillian.

"Oh, Alex. This is Cillian. He's my movie co-star." I voiced.

Cillian flashed me a confused glance before shaking Alex's hand. Somehow, he looked surprised after seeing my driver/ bodyguard accompanying me in a place like this.

Alex put his massive arm around my neck, slightly moving the pendant off.

"It's so nice to finally meet you," He flashed a warm smile at Cillian.