Misjudged situations

"So, are we going to talk about it?" Alex spoke, turning down the music in the car.

I looked up from my phone. "Talk about what?"

"What happened last time I saw you," He paused, "On the concert."

I chuckled. "You want to repeat that?"

Alex shook his head, gazing at the road. Classical music grew into the sound of a ticking clock, creating a sense of unsafety. "I just want you to know I didn't mean to do it, Rochelle." he expressed.

"I don't care if it was a mistake. We were never serious from the start, Alex. Remember?"

I looked down on my legs, trying to straighten the formed wrinkles on my raven dress. It had been weeks since the wicked night out. Days after, turned to monotonous hours, with the same dumb shit happening every day.

"I know, Rochelle. I ... I don't know. I was drunk, and the girl seemed different." Alex interrupted my thoughts.

Shrugging, I paused to think about it. "You will have plenty of experiences like that in the future ... without me."

I didn't want to overthink it. Alex was just another person I'd have to leave behind in this city. We would rarely interact in my life especially when I'd get back to London.

We had also wrapped up the shooting after months of suffering. Marcia, the director of our movie, invited the cast to dinner in one of the most fanciest restaurants in Amsterdam. I was excited to visit it until I remembered Alex had to drive me there.

I held a grudge against him ever since that day. He also didn't want to admit what he had done until tonight, which felt immature. When leaving the splendid car, I tried avoiding him by closing the door quickly.

I was met with strange sculptures moving under the yellow light of the building. Two giant men held up the entrance block of the restaurant. Made effortlessly from marble, silky fabric covered their bodies elegantly.

Adjusting itself on my hips, the oversized belt glimmered under the animated rays. I looked in the sky, feeling a light breeze of fresh air envelope my body. It smelled like the realisation of an open space of possibilities, the freedom of no boundaries, which you can only experience by suffering through life.

Once I opened the heavy door of the building, I was astounded by the beauty of the gracious Renaissance ceilings. They felt symmetrical, almost perfect. Oversized lamps illuminated each angel drawing and sculpture. Golden highlights flew over the pillars, the enormous arches and their curves.

Ornate details shifted from darkness to light as you moved under them. They could easily mesmerise you with their enigmatic appeal, bringing a sense of fascination.

"Look who is hereee!" Jodie smiled as I walked closer to our table, which worked lovely with the interior. The exquisite fabric covering it felt soothing enough to fall asleep.

Seating at the soft chair next to Jodie, I felt someone's stare across the table. Looking up, I saw Cillian with his elbows on the table, slightly peeking at me before tearing his electric blue eyes away.

"Rochelle," Marcia smiled. "Glad you came." A jewelled necklace gleamed amidst her long dark hair as she sat on the soft antique chair at the top table. Its tiny gemstones perfectly matched her green eyes.

The last of the cast to sit at the table were Austin and Aaron, who couldn't stop laughing when they entered.

We spoke about life and discussed our experiences on set. Toasts were made from each member of the cast. Thanks were given and returned, especially towards Marcia, for creating something unique, and the celebration began.

"I'm still distracted by the thought of the reactions people will have to this movie." Jodie voiced, scanning the table.

Marcia smiled. "I'm sure they will like it. It might be out of the box, but it has an important message."

Sandra leaned back. "A message about a woman being totally a bad bitch."

I laughed. "Well, Jane is a bad bitch. She's just a bit of everything, which makes her perfect."

"People aren't too stupid, Jodie." Aaron denied it, cutting his food down to pieces. "Sooner or later, they will understand the meaning."

"I know... but it feels like they're awful, and it's better to be alone than hear their hateful comments." She put her hands up, "Okay, ask Rochelle- she understands me. We are like soulmates."

Taking a sip of my drink, I smiled. "Jodie is right, Aaron. It's safer."

The discussion at the table morphed into silence. You could only hear the sound of utensils against the tables with lovely restaurant music accompanying it.