The Party

"And you guys haven't talked since?" Kate asked.

I sighed. "How do you want us to talk? Besides, it's only been a few hours."

"Through calls? Texting maybe... I don't know?" She suggested.

"I don't think he has my number saved."

Kate rolled her eyes. "Okay, I can't let you be here like this." She took me by my hand, guiding me into the thin hallway that transformed into a vast party area.

The interior matched the theme of the collection I'd attended earlier. The columns spun vertically, capturing volume by the operating lights. A large chandelier welcomed you into the bar, which was placed right next to the entrance.

A human-sized birdcage revealed itself as we walked further into the room. Charming and delicate ceilings had tiny curved lines pattern themselves in unusual ways. Atop the elegant arched doorways fell engraved lines and flowers. Pastel colors turned red under the rays of the disco ball, modernising the place further.

Minutes later, I sat at the bar zone, observing each drink as it gracefully displayed itself on the transparent wall shelf, which had a large mirror behind it.

Placing my hand on my cheek, the bartender immediately glimpsed at me in a 'how are you not having fun yet' way.

"Could I have something off the menu, please!" I yelled out, hoping he would hear.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Honey, the menu doesn't exist!" The bartender replied. "I will make you something strong."

After bringing me a drink with bubbles in a curved glass, the bartender winked. "It has glitter and a ton of alcohol. I need you to have fun."

I shook my head. "I'm going to get trashed in here!"

"You're welcome." He laughed.

I found a large napkin and a pen on the bar stand as I gradually sipped my cocktail. Perhaps someone had forgotten their things for a reason, so I began to write my emotions out at an after-party, wearing an almost translucent dress and tall heels.

The memories blurred together, like a faint nightmare that flashed before your eyes when waking up,

The way my soul was touched, the way I breathed near your heart,

Those were the memories that danced behind my soul when I'd spoken with you,

You were my pain and the painkiller that clutched it away,

I can only remember how you told me sweet words,

Not hurtful, just peaceful,

I wish you could hold me the same way I would reach for your hand in the darkness of the night and kiss it,

But I recall false memories,

Which I created once looking into your stone-cold eyes.

Placing the final period, I heard Kate's voice echo behind me. "What are you writing?" She hugged my body from behind. "Let's dance, c'mon!"

We swayed our bodies to the song's beat, feeling one with the Universe. I smiled at Kate as she ran through her hair with her slim fingers.

The floor under my feet felt shaky, almost making me fall. Sickness followed in my stomach as the intense smell of perfume mixed with the smoke of the party entered my system. My limbs felt numb, as did my head. A strong wave of tranquility washed over me, turning off the music in my ears.

In silence, I felt beautiful. Under the penetration of the blinding lights, I danced along to the song's rhythm.

"Rochelle." A voice called out from behind.

I turned around, gasping for air. "What are you doing here?"

"You've called," he replied.

"I did?" I said, my voice breaking.

Cillian smiled. "Didn't you want me to come?"

I looked at him among the crowd, almost trying to sustain myself. He walked closer to me, making it difficult to see through the flashing lights.

Like a fast-racing car, my heart was ready to jump out of my chest. I couldn't believe he came for me. I touched my cheeks, sensing the flush on my face turning bright scarlet.

Cillian grabbed me by my hand, turning me around to face him.

"I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for hurting you. You're the love of my life, Rochelle. You're the most beautiful in this entire world." he expressed.

I stayed silent. Cillian smiled, grabbing me by the collar of my shirt and pushing me against the wall, leaving no space to breathe.

"I hate you so much." I cried out, clenching my fists.

I was so close to his face I could smell his hair perfume. Cillian had dark eyeshadow that gradually blended itself into his skin. I looked up, biting my lips, not letting the tears in. The smoke from above had filled my nostrils fully, transporting me into somewhere unknown.

Cillian's hair was messed up, not like the usual, always maintaining a detail of perfection. The first second I saw him stand in front of me, the next he disappeared. At the same time, I observed the ocean dance in his eyes as the rainbow light added various colors to his skin. Like the fur softness, the dark sweater enveloped his entire body.

I narrowed my eyes. "Why do you have your headphones on?"

Cillian stayed silent. Instead, he brushed his fingers past my cheek, finally resting them on my lips. I felt the heaviness of the ring on his thumb as he traced my bottom lip.

In a colorful flash, his lips were on mine. These soft lips, this moment of my fingers playing with his hair. He smelled like a thousand cocktails I had in my system, so fucking sweet.

Cillian's strong body wrapped me around like a blanket, his firm touch against my face. Time was moving faster than the disco lights, making me more addicted to him each second.

Cillian was the forbidden fruit in my life. I pulled him closer into the kiss, exploring his mouth with my tongue. My head was spinning. I craved him immensely.

"Rochelle!" Someone screamed among the crowd, turning me away from Cillian.

The tiny voice calling for me stopped while the rays glowed over everyone's heads. Loud music still vibrated the floor, and the adrenaline was pumping in my veins.

I turned back to face Cillian, who morphed into a different person in my eyes.

"Who are you?" I blinked twice.

The man chuckled. "You just kissed me, baby!"