My Mist

Shortly, the light enveloped Marcia, who walked towards the podium of the stage. She looked magical, almost unreal. Her dark hair was so bright it seemed to ignite the entire tented area.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! I hope each one of you is enjoying this small reception that I've hosted to bring the attention of our dear industry professionals to the most anticipated movie, well," She paused. "in my opinion." Marcia voiced, earning a few laughs from the audience. "Moreover, I'd like to take some time to thank our team, who has worked very hard on making this happen."

Marcia's voice blended with the darkness of the night. Next to Cillian, I could feel his energy morph with mine. I think I even heard his steady breath mixed with his cool perfume.

"Are you going to apologise?" Cillian leaned, whispering.

"No. Are you?" I turned to face him.

Cillian chuckled. "No. Why would I?"

Marcia continued her speech, trying to bring the attention of different experts to our film.

I broke the silence between us. "Also, you're wrong... I decide the things that destroy me in the end."

Cillian nodded his head, poking his cheek with his tongue. "Only doubtful truths need defense, Rochelle."

"What else do you need?" I smiled. "I've been clean for months now."

"Are you manic?" He asked, unphased.

Marcia announced. "And now, ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to invite our sweet Rochelle Vion, who plays Jane, to this stage."

Suddenly, the rays surrounded me and my daisy mini-dress. I quickly walked up the stairs to the stage, finally grabbing the microphone. Softly tapping it, I finally spoke.

"Wow! Good evening, everybody. I'm so honored to be here, and ... it has been a huge pleasure to star in such an incredible movie. I'd also like to thank everyone who contributed to making this movie happen. Marcia, you are truly one of the best directors I've ever worked with. Your tireless support and passion for the film have created a masterpiece. Thank you!"

The audience started clapping instantly. Marcia, who's been standing behind the curtains, looked surprised to hear my words.

On her raven eyelashes shimmered tiny drops of tears from recent shock. A smile sparkled on her round lips. She approached the stage and looked at me proudly.

* * *

Standing in the middle of the after-party, I observed the chocolate fountain that, as a gracious swan, bled downwards, interlinking with the other strips on the large plate.

"It's going well, right?"Jodie Comer, my castmate, approached me.

"Yes." I smiled. "Marcia has worked so hard for this."

Standing in each corner of the room, tiny speakers played Classical music. As Jodie left me to greet someone, I remained at my spot, watching the brownish drops as they dragged themselves across the fountain.

I heard some questions around me, like, 'Would you like to try it?' and 'It's mesmerising, yes?' while I stood near my new favorite spot.

At that moment, I'd lost all track of time admiring the fountain as it flowed, stopped, and returned- just like life.

It was just me and the chocolate fondu, without any of my problems. It was the only present moment I could breathe evenly and find peace simply by thinking about it.

"C'mon, join us!" Jodie grabbed my hand, leading me to a vast table with the cast. The gray wooden floors clacked under my heels, bringing everyone's attention.

Aaron smiled. "Finally, you're here! You seemed so hypnotised by that fountain I didn't want to disturb you."

I smiled. "It just looked cool to me."

Looking out into the night, I felt an overwhelming sense of luxury. Like the stars in the sky, the city glistened brightly, bringing a peaceful feeling. The luminous garden felt as crowded as the restaurant. Its distant trees and bushes that swayed with the wind seemed to identify with the restaurants' pathways, which formed circles and added a modern touch to the location.

Overcrowding the restaurant, tiny plants stood near the dark rattan chairs and dinner tables. Round minia overhead lights illuminated the vases on each glassed table, creating a sense of comfort.

Like powerful Greek Gods, various large pillars around the circle held up the gray wooden roof, a ceiling fan spinning under.

As the night darkened, I pulled out my phone, trying to form new ideas. For some time, I stared at the blinking cursor line, which disappeared each second. A light wind picked up a strand of my short hair, pointing it in different directions.

Sometimes, when I looked into your eyes, I could glimpse endless fire despite them being misty blue. So misty I couldn't tell your true intentions.

Shifting your eyes all around the room, I noticed. I saw them- that one-of-a-kind ocean glimpse.

Who could think that sour evening would shift our lives, turn them outside out like the pockets of my favorite jeans?

In the shadows of the night, I couldn't recognise your pupils, but I hoped they dilated every time you glanced at me.

Like the timeless drink in your glass, I wanted to be consumed, to be paid attention by your slim fingers, your pale lips, your carved cheekbones.

The sight of you constantly flooded my vision. It distanced me from the real world, from everyone else in the moment but you.

You said there was nothing between us, but the longing look in your eyes unveiled itself to me like open cards.

To which I wondered if those misty blue eyes were truthful at all.