#5

"Blueberry with cream cheese," Kate replied, not moving. "I remember him from somewhere, can't recall where."

I laughed. "Probably some of those rich people who come to your shows."

Kate nodded. "You might be right."

After all, Kate was the better model among the two of us. She did worldwide shows, photoshoots and promos. I frequently looked up to Kate. She was my modeling teacher. Though I barely had any fashion gigs, I still had to be in my best shape for the newest photoshoot to happen soon.

"I can't believe you bumped into him," Kate smirked.

"Oh please, would you like to be more annoying?" I scoffed

"Yes! He kind of resembles a cat, I must admit."

I rolled my eyes. Kate continued. "Aw! Also, I just remembered to get new stickers for my bullet journal." She smiled, tilting her head to the side.

"Order #5 for Miss Rochelle!" The barista shouted.

"It's me! Thank you." I replied, grabbing two identical bagels from his gloved hands.

I took a bite of mine. "Yummy. We still haven't taken any pictures in the photo booth after your London arrivals!"

Kate laughed. "As long as I don't look half-buried."

Thirty minutes later, I stood at the photo booth entrance while Kate aggressively tapped on her phone. Immediately, she got a call, which she continued in french.

"Baby, I don't understand," Kate went silent. "Wh-why?" She covered her nose with her hand. "I can't believe you're doing this nonsense. Merde!"

She looked up at me with sadness in her eyes. I shook my head.

"How dare you call me and say all of this!" Kate hung up instantly.

She stood for a moment staring at the concrete under our legs. Kate's lip started slightly trembling. Her eyes burned as she kept her tears at bay. Slowly, she began gasping for air. After running through her striking ginger hair, Kate licked her lips.

"She cheated on me, Chelle! How dare she!" Kate cried.

I went in for a hug. Kate tried catching a breath, slowly caressing her hair. I comforted her. "It's not about you, I promise. You're such a unique person, Kate. If I were your girlfriend, I would always carry you in my arms." I could feel her trembling under my body.

Kate wiped her tears and smiled in response.

Instead of taking photos or buying stickers, we laid on the front car seats while listening to "Grants" by Lana Del Rey.

I looked over at Kate, who got destroyed by the constant sobbing and tears. Seeing her sad made me heartbroken, so I jumped out of the car and got ourselves cookies and some stupid stickers for Kate. There were rose, golden and chocolate bears dancing, some confetti and the cutest cake pieces I'd ever seen. She deserved to have them.

"Look what I've got!" I waved the same stickers.

Kate smiled through the tears, "Let me see!"

"I also brought us cookies. That girl of yours wasn't even doing the bare minimum." I rolled my eyes.

"You're right. This relationship had to fall, like, I never saw her do anything to make me happy, except the time when we went to watch a cheesy movie." Kate confessed.

* * *

The next day, my photoshoot awaited. I even put the date as my phone wallpaper to not disappoint my agent.

Knowing myself, it was probably the most responsible thing I've done in my career since late appearances were regular. I had never liked being punctual. Even with my insomnia, I still showed up late to meetings or real-life interactions. So, for once, I decided to change for good.

The photo shoot would consist of four outfits. My first look was a simple lined blue shirt and an opaque midi skirt. I wore hair extensions and chic sunglasses. They stayed till the end, with proper styling, of course.

A small fan blew up my hair for the entire photoshoot, making it float effortlessly. After an hour of agony and screaming, I finished the endless fancy-bend poses.

My favorite outfit was a white shirt with a layered vest, a smokey tie and a mini-skirt. The raven ribbons looked splendid in my twisted hair. Not to mention the short gloves, which matched the entire outfit perfectly. Perhaps, this photoshoot wasn't as bad as I imagined it to be.