It's Nothing

"I'd like Roquefort cheese with Caramelised Onion Tart, and a cup of green tea." Cillian ordered, pronouncing the French words effortlessly.

"What about you, Madam?" The waitress asked.

"I'd like the Caesar salad." I smiled.

"Anything to drink?"

"Oh, yes! A glass of water will do, thank you." I requested.

"Okay!" The waitress said while quickly writing our orders down. "The food will be ready shortly."

"Great," Cillian said, leaning back on the seat.

The waitress took away our menus. I locked eyes with Cillian, who had been gazing at me ominously. I tried to put on a similarly wicked glance as well.

"Please excuse me." I stood up and walked through the restaurant to the atmospheric bathroom.

Gradually, the door closed after me, revealing a shady but captivating room. Brown seemed to envelop the sinks, the accessories and some walls of the area, while green worked harmoniously to create a unique sensation. Overhead lights appeared to disappear in that bathroom. The same sinks fell over tiny pebble stones, enhancing the room.

I walked over to the large mirror over the washing area. My hair was still as well-put as I intended it to be. The shrug hugging my shoulders dropped down, exposing my bare skin.

I also wore a simple long raven dress that stopped below my calves in a relaxed manner. The gown hugged my torso, waist and hips exquisitely. Dark heels wrapped around my legs, finishing up the effortless dinner look.

But something about this dinner, in particular, wasn't adding up. I wasn't feeling anything, nothing at all. I stared at myself in the mirror, into my smudged eyeshadow, hoping to see emotion. My soulless eye bags peeked through the concealer back at me, expressing the longing desire to return to my suite and try to sleep, an everyday struggle of mine.

Shaking my head, I scrolled through my phone for someone who would understand me. Alex? No, I needed someone closer. Kate? No, she was working. Angela? Don't ever think about it. I was crazily alone. And I knew it.

Suddenly, a lady entered the restaurant's bathroom. She walked into one of the stalls and returned after some time. Stopping to gaze at me, she smiled.

"Aren't you that actress?" She paused to remember my name. "Rochelle Vion, right?"

I smiled, nodding.

"My name's Cleo." She chuckled. "I'm also an actress, though not as famous as you are," Cleo expressed.

I glanced at her, thinking. "Cool. It's nice to meet you! I'm not that famous."

"For us, Dutch people, you are. You have more impact than you actually think, Rochelle." Cleo smiled.

She wore leather pants and an incredibly cropped wool jacket. The jacket matched the raven shoes, pushing the outfit to a new status. Cleo had long dark hair and high cheekbones, but her round face made Cleo look younger. By her looks, I figured she was someone I could trust.

"Why are you here anyways?" Cleo asked while putting a small drop of soap on her hand.

"We're filming a movie here, in Amsterdam," I replied.

"No, I'm talking about right now."

"Oh, that," I paused. "I'm having dinner with this person that is insufferable."

Cleo laughed, her voice ringing through the room. "Totally get you on that. My advice for you is to just get through it."

"I don't think I can do that, Cleo," I said, looking over myself. "I mean ... he's literally bashing me for nothing at this point."

She nodded slowly. "What did you do to him?"

"I accidentally spilt a drink on him at this event."

Cleo stared at me for a moment and burst into laughter. "You're telling me he's bitter over that? He's stupid, Rochelle!"

I remained silent. "Seriously, go be and show him how unbothered you are by that pathetic act of his. At this old age, he still chooses to act like a child."

I shook my head in disbelief. "What a manchild!"

Cleo and I both laughed. She was right. I'd been very anxious about myself and should have remained calm. It was a new lesson I had to understand and go through, even if I had some setbacks in the past.

I returned to my table. Cillian was glued to his phone, not paying attention to anything around him.

Immediately, the waitress returned with our orders ready. I watched Cillian in silence while she placed the dishes on the table.