Can't Stand Hagelslag

"Where were you?" I breathed, closing the car's door.

Alex sighed. "Some man just parked in front of me and left. My bad for leaving you here."

"It's alright... Just drive me there as fast as possible, Alex." I expressed, looking out of the window.

The building shone limpidly on the street. Its' walls created a silhouette of softness, which shimmered down as you walked closer. The same glass bricks scattered around the small engravings in the middle of the building, leaving the other blocks plain rose. It was the only element of authenticity of the street, standing out like a white swan bird among others.

Pushing the door inwards, I found myself astounded by the beauty of the interior. Light pierced through the glass, enlightening the wardrobe of the shop. I walked closer to the simple plain snowy reception.

"Welcome! You are ... Rochelle Vion, am I right?" The woman behind it smiled.

I nodded. "Yes, I'm here for my fitting with Miss Claire."

She looked below at her computer, seeing whether the spot was available. "Yes, let me walk you to the room."

I followed behind the receptionist, her dress swaying back and forth as she walked. The room was plain, with small garments located here and there. Miss Claire was lovely, after all, she was the designer of every item.

"Oh, Rochelle, Welcome, Darling," She pronounced with her thick Italian accent.

Miss Claire was originally from Florence, but she moved places to pursue her fashion design interests. She succeeded in her 30s, creating a unique brand of her own famous.

"Do you feel Seductive?" Miss Claire asked, adjusting the tiny buttons with her hands. As she approached me closer, miniature brown freckles appeared on her nose.

She had rose-plump lips and chocolate-colored glasses on her nose, with a slim measuring tape hanging along her neck.

I nodded, smiling. My look was simple- a dark vest that hugged my stomach exquisitely. It was tailored specially for me, along with a ruffled tank top and a denim skirt, which hugged my hips and ended before my knees.

The rest of the day flew by fast, leaving me resting already at five in the evening. Miss Claire took her time measuring down my body so I could feel and look good on set.

"To feel good means to have not only pretty clothes but clothes that fit you." she would say when I walked through the room in my new raven heels.

* * *

Alex insisted on taking me to the nearest restaurant for dinner right after the fitting.

The place consisted of one big room with a large, flying chandelier that descended back and forth in the air.

White-tiled floors flared under my feet, with large paintings on the ceiling looking down at me from above.

We sat down at the little leather area at the side of the restaurant. On the street outside, the sky was getting darker with the wind blowing stronger, howling at trees as if attempting to communicate.

"You have to prepare for tomorrow." he expressed when looking at me eat.

Alex shook his head. "Rochelle, you're so obsessed with hagelslag!"

I smiled, a piece of a sprinkle falling on my plate. "I can share it with you if you want, just say it."

Gazing at me, bored, Alex looked to the side, trying to escape the conversation.

"So," I chewed. "What's the coolest part about your job."

"That I can walk around and meet famous people." Alex chuckled, sipping a bit of his water.

I raised my eyebrow. "No, but seriously."

He thought about something for a moment. "What's the last concert you went to??"

'What a bummer, he changed the topic.' I thought in my head before replying. "It has been so long since I've gone to one."

Alex chuckled. "I guess I'll have to take you to one." He said, picking up his glass once again.

I nodded, taking a bite of my dish. "I think you should try hagelslag, Alex." I hardly pronounced, chewing.

"I can't stand it, Rochelle, just.. can't stand it," Alex revealed weirdly.

Sighing, I took another large bite of the sandwich, hoping I could spend the rest of the evening with somebody more interesting.