26: "A moment of clarity"

As the dust began to settle, it was finally over and to signal the end of the intense battle. Pitou and Gon emerged as the victorious, their determination and skill evident throughout the entire fight. Their unwavering focus and strategic moves proved to be the winning combination, leaving their opponent in awe.

There were only three figures standing and one fatally injured. Pitou's sharpen claw Pierce through his chest sticking out through his back. While Gon's fist ram right through his stomach with a small embers of a dwindling flame.

It was finally over. Both of them slowly remove their hands from his body and Darius slowly fell to the ground.

He was honestly amazed and what he just saw. It was almost if he was watching and evolution take place blossoming to its full potential.

" What in the world just happened?" Pitou exclaimed, bewildered. She looked down at her hand and saw that it was back to its normal state, but she couldn't shake the feeling that something strange had just occurred. It was as if she had grown fur for a brief moment.

Meanwhile, Gon was experiencing a similar sensation. He noticed that his body was shrinking back down to its usual size, and the intense heat that had been coursing through him had dissipated. He couldn't quite recall how he had managed to do it, but the memory of the feeling lingered in his mind.

Before they could make sense of what had just happened, they were interrupted by the sudden arrival of Makoto. She rushed towards them, tears streaming down her face as she tackled them both to the ground.

"😭 Pitou! Gon! I thought you dead! *Sob* please, my heart can't take it anymore!"

Both of them were confused and a little taken aback at the sudden change of events. but, both were happy to see that their friend was okay too. "Makoto...you silly squirrel. Are you saying you don't have faith in us." Pitou cheeky asked her.

"It's not that! I just get so worried...." Pitou embraced her. As the two girls hugged she looked at Gon and gave him he wasn't expecting.

"Thanks for always being with her Gon" she leaned in and kissed his cheek.

"O///O oh, uh...your wel...come?" He shyly said.

"Makoto! 😫 Come on Don't do that in front of me" Pitou cried out.

As the three interacted, the rest of the group watched on, amused by their banter. Laughter filled the air, providing a much-needed break from the tension of the battle.

However, Killua was noticeably absent from the group. He was preoccupied with checking on Leo and Mina, who had sustained serious wounds but thankfully were not fatal. Killua didn't have much, but he used the antibiotics he had to clean up their wounds and bandage them up with torn pieces of his clothes.

As Leo and Mina started to wake up, they were greeted by Killua's reassuring presence. "K-Killua...is that you? What.... happened? Did we win?" Leo asked, still groggy from the battle.

Killua nodded, a small smile forming on his face. "Yes, it's over...we managed to pull through."

As they sat up and surveyed the aftermath of the battle, Mina couldn't help but make a quip. "Wow...so this isn't heaven..."

Killua chuckled in relief, grateful that his friends had made it out unscathed. "Nope, this is the land of the living. Hope you're not disappointed," he teased, lightening the mood.

The group breathed a collective sigh of relief as they reunited, grateful that everyone had made it back safely. Leo, Mina, and Killua were welcomed back with open arms, and the tension of the previous moments dissipated.